Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My First Bloggie Interview

Bloggie: Thanks for agreeing to be interviewed. We are thrilled to be able to visit with you.
Who me? Well, I am flattered that you are interested.

Bloggie: We notice that you have a comment of the week winner. It seems to be a coveted award that involves a prize and everything. You are new to the blogging world so we were surprised to see that you already have a Weekly Award.
Yes.

Bloggie: Why do you give out this award?
I get amazing comments every week. They need to be acknowledged. The commentors put effort into their comments, often doing 3 or 4 rough drafts before finally posting them for the world to read. For example: the “Betty” comment (not that I need everyone to know that I WAS CALLED A BETTY by Rachael Pullman [who is the ultimate Betty]) it was well written and obvious effort had been put into it. She used all caps at one point. And Katrina’s comment brought up celebrities and the struggles they have. These commentors are often overlooked and deserve recognition. Besides – I am amazed that anyone reads this…so I feel the need to bribe them to comment.

Bloggie: What makes you think people would read this?
Um – I have a stat counter that tells me how many hits I get a day.

Bloggie: How many do you get?
I average about 60 per day.

Bloggie: 60! Wow. That is a lot for a newbie! If you are getting 60 hits a day, why so few comments?
I don’t know! Comments = Chocolate for bloggers. I live for comments. I check about 18 times a day for new comments.

Bloggie: True Dat
Maybe my readers are shy. I’m not a hater. I won’t flame their comments.

Bloggie: Studies have shown that many blog readers think they can’t comment unless they, themselves, have a blog. But this is simply not true. They can leave a comment anonymously and sign their name in the comment.
Yes

Bloggie: Thank you for your valuable time. It has been a joy interviewing you. you are charming and gracious.
My pleasure.

Bloggie: Hey all you readers out there! Check in and leave a comment for Robin. Let her know who you are. She is cool and won’t mind if she doesn’t even know you! (Just between you and me, she is a bit of an attention hog and craves validation.) Just drop a comment saying “Hi”. Maybe you can win one of her fabulous Comment of the Week Awards!

11 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Hi Robin. Thanks for the compliment AND the comment. I've seen you over at Paige's.

Great interview. Who is the mysterious bloggie?

Now I need to talk about Thoughts of a Grasshopper. I just lent my tattered copy to my neighbor the other day. It never fails to crack me up. Have you ever met Louise Plummer? I haven't, but I bet I'd like her.

I'm thinking about poaching your comment of the week prize. Good idea.

Robin said...

Thanks Celia Fae. You have a very fun blog to read. Here is a link: http://groundhogdaywithceliafae.blogspot.com/

Take my comment of the week and run with it.I will comment on your blog about Grasshoppers.

R A C H A E L said...

Craves attention? I wouldn't say that! I'd say more like subtlely demands it...

Salt H2O said...

Love the post! It's the comment section that transforms blog from a personal journal or sounding board into an ongoing coversation.

It permits us to interact with our fellow humans- when it's convient.

I have made BLOG friends- thanks the the comments section, and I've run into these people IRL (in real life)

In addition, the best way to pimp your own blog is to make ridiculously cleaver comments on other blogs....which is why I will probably never break the 6 reader mark. ;)

Robin said...

Salth2o - your blog and comments are very clever - one of my favorites to read.

Sally said...

Nice post. If comments = chocolate, is See's the comment store? Are comments edible? If I can get chocolate from my computer, I better start a blog now.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Bloggie sounds like someone else I know. And, Robin is an attention hog, but she nearly always deserves the attention and pays back those who dole it out with great entertainment and comfort, and nurturing. I will give her my attention any day and everyday.

Enjoy this little bit of chocolate Robin!
-KK

Paige said...

Robin- since you are Sally's sister and I am Celia's sister I think we should all be best friends too because I have loved her since the day I met her when I was pg. with twins and she with Nate. Your blog is really good and we talked all about the dreds at blog party today.

I was all for keeping the dred because I LOVE a man with long hair since I'm from the 80's but when you said they smelled I was on your side.

I have been trying to get Sally to blog forever but with you bugging her I think it will work. She is the best commenter and has so many good ideas. AND, she talks about your all the time and what an excellent mother you are. Thanks for blogging and sharing all you know. Are you really coming to blogapalooza!!!! I'd be so happy.

Celia Fae said...

Wow, Paige is quite the fawning fan.

Um, so that blog party in Utah with Sally? Yeah, we're going to be there. So glad you are coming.

I loved the post about Ruby. There is something so sweet about nieces and nephews. I can't wait to have grandchildren.

Robin said...

Sally - If you start a blog you WILL get chocolate from the computer (and it has a contract with Sees).

KK- Thanks for the chocolate

Paige - Sally talks about you all the time and how great you are. I look forward to meeting you at blogapalooza!

Celia Fae - I am glad that you are related to Paige. That means I get to know you via Sally. I feel lucky.

Anonymous said...

Robin,
I just found your blog and it brought a smile to my face. I'm so glad your doing this because i can see how your life is going even though you are so far away. You can read my blog whenever you want. pcnfamily.blogspot.com. I miss you guys and hope you can come visit soon.
love,
Courtney (Rash) Norris
p.s. i don't know if you've heard but i'm the Primary Secretary and i have been for a few months. i love it so much!