Backs to school. What surprises me the most is how many clean bowls there are. All summer long the bowl shelf is empty, as is the glass shelf, but now it is full of clean empty bowls. And the house is quiet. And I haven't had to yell at anyone to turn off the TV.
It's great.
For all you gardeners who are leaving over-grown zucchini on innocent people's doorstep (please leave some on mine) here is the recipe that will make you love me:
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
½ cup soft butter
1 cup oil
1 ¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
½ cup sour milk (sour fresh milk by adding 2 tbls vinegar)
5 tbsp cocoa
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 ½ cups flour
Blend ingredients in the order listed and pour into well greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle ½ cup each of nuts and chocolate chips over top of cake before baking at 325 (or 350 depending on your oven and altitude) for 40-45 minutes.
.....................................
After I posted this Darling Kim and her 3 beautiful girls showed up with a huge zucchini! Her youngest is in our nursery at church and her handsome husband is our orthodontist (best in town - I highly recommend him). Thanks Kim!
6 comments:
Sounds great... My daughter put zuch in her homemade marinara sauce yesterday... looked mouth watering delish also.
Snappy Di
(So much zuch.... so little time. Hee hee)
YU-UM!!
That sounds divine and decadent. Too bad I stink at baking.
Zuchinni doesn't grow so well here so I'll have to buy mine but I'm excited to try the recipe! Thanks!
Sigh. I am trying desperately not to wish away these last NINE days of summer vacation.
Wish I were at your house to lick the bowl and savor the quiet!
Yum!
Post a Comment