Thursday, May 28, 2009

Craiglist

I just sold my very first thing on Craigslist! It was so exciting!

I listed a bike rack for $100 and within 30 minutes I had 5 emails. That was late last night and this morning at 7:30 a woman showed up and tried to talk me down to $75. I wasn't budging. Not one bit. She knew it was a steal so she happily paid $100. I felt good to have it gone, she was thrilled with it. Yay!

Now, what can I sell next?

11 comments:

Holly said...

We LOVE craigslist! In our few years of married life, we have bought and sold many things--everything from baby formula to cars!!!

Anonymous said...

We listed our iMac computer on Craigslist a couple of months ago and it was looked at, paid for and received into the arms of an excited 13 year old boy only 2 hours after we listed it.

Glad to hear it worked for you as well.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

When we remodeled our house, I sold all of the appliances and all of the kitchen cupboards on Craig's list. It's kind of empowering, don't you think?

Jenibelle said...

I have a red-headed 23 year old...

Julie said...

Love Craigslist! I sold lots of stuff before we moved. It was SOO easy and I loved it. It clears stuff out for garage sale season. Any good auctions lately? Just don't sell your cute chairs until you talk to me first.

Melissa said...

Just don't try to get a massage off C-list... (or was it give one? I try not to pay attention to the news.)

Linda Austin Hart said...

Alan had a huge generator listed for a few thousand $. He had a well driller who wanted to know if he'd be interested in a trade, which he was. Last week we had a new, deeper well put in which we don'r have to share with the neighbors anymore. Hooray!!!

Now if we can just find a new renter for Emily's house, and buyers for the 5th wheel, dump truck, and John Deere loader, all of which are advertised, we'll be able to pay our taxes. hmmm, I wonder, do you think we can work out a trade with the county assessor?

diane said...

Do you have any latch hook rugs to sell?

Glad you survived the Wimporee. I'm surprised you didn't sell some scouts.

Kimberly said...

I was totally the same way. I sold my first item on CraigsList last summer, and then went all around my house looking for anything worth selling :-)

Sally said...

Isn't it great? And the best part is that it was a positive experience for both of you. I love it.

the wrath of khandrea said...

apparently, you can actually sell your body on craigslist.

can you even believe?