Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wimp-oree

Its Wednesday but it feels like a Friday. Today was the last day of school and we are hosting a "Wimp-oree" for Ike's scout troop. What this means is that there are about seven 12 year-olds all sugared up and bouncing off the walls while their 3 scout leaders and Roland watch the Nugget's game and talk loud. Eventually the leaders will go home and the scouts will "camp" in the basement. I am hiding in the office where it is safe and clean. There is a lot of testosterone in my house right now.

......................

Noah is now a Senior in High School.

9 comments:

The Bead Lady said...

You could have come over and made jewelry with me and Diana. Hope your basement smells fresh in the morning. (Haha)

Robin said...

They have been here for 3 hours and my basement already smells like Doritos and BO.

queenieweenie said...

I hope you get a little bit of sleep tonight!

diane said...

My condolences.

I can't stand it that my baby will be a senior in HS. What in the world will I do with myself? Maybe I can travel all the time.

davers said...

Wow ... a senior. Go Noah!

Emily said...

Wow. Noah is a senior now. And summer break is already here. My goodness!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, this brings back a memory of years ago when another single mom and I rented a townhouse together. Her son had an over-nite party for a bunch of grade school boys and all I remember about it is that the next day the entire house smelled like dirty socks and sweaty tennis shoes. We had to shampoo the carpets as it was just too odiferous for us to handle...

Boys can be so stinky. Ha Ha Ha

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Linda Austin Hart said...

wimp'oree? would the opposite be tough'oree? cool'oree? stud'oree?

The funny thing is, Isaac is anything but a wimp, his friends also, I'm sure.

Noah won't be a senior for long. Soon he'll matriculate to university and be a freshman again. He's got so much going for him that he'll probably get several offers from different schools and have a big fat scholarship!

Sally said...

Holy stink, batwoman! That sounds like a fun, stinky night. I can't believe there aren't pictures, I mean, there had to be pictures, right?