Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trip Report - Los Angeles - Friday

My gall bladder settled down so I could travel and we had a great trip to LA! Our main reason for going was Grandma Steimle's 90th birthday:A little shout-out to Cumorah. She designed the invites and t-shirts.

The party was even better than I thought it would be! But before the party we had to acclimatize ourselves. We hadn't quite thawed out and were frozen as pop cycles so Friday at Manhattan Beach was just the thing we needed to warm up and get the SoCal vibe:

Before we hit the waves we ate a fortifying and delicious breakfast at Uncle Bill's Pancake house on Manhattan Beach. (Next time you are in LA go there and then walk along the beach. You will feel cool and hip.) So good!

The weather was hot enough to force Ike into the water. All the kids ended up soaking wet.

Who decides to get buried face down in the sand?

A swift game of beach tag. Run like the wind!

My sister, Emily (one of the Bossy girls - actually, we were all there together - it was great!) and her Joey.Lily's Pink Plastic Peepers

Joe had the Gall to make fun of my Bladder.

My favorite picture of the day.


My brother, Dave (he is the lucky one who married Melissa). We all needed a nap after such an exciting day at the beach.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin - once again proving the wonder-woman that you are ... gall-stone and all and still running this thing.

It was wonderful wonderful wonderful. Thanks so much for making it possible - as you know we could not have made it without you and it was badly needed by our family.

You rule.

Anonymous said...

Plastic pink peepers... how kewl are they!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

diane said...

Glad you're back. I missed you.

Next time you're in LA swing down for a visit or I could meet you halfway.

Joe said...

I loved looking at these. Yes, thank you. Thank you.

Julie said...

Robin, I'm glad you got to go after all! Who is Cumorah and how can I get her to design (actually just copy) that invite for my grandmother's 90th birthday next year? They are AWESOME! You are awesome to undertake such a big thing for your family. I agree with your brother WONDER-WOMAN!

Linda Austin Hart said...

My camera was broken, so a special thanks for sharing these darling photos. Good memories!

Tamzen Fleming said...

I'm so jealous! Family and the beach, what could be better?