On Sunday, after 24 hours of pain that felt like a knife stabbing into my back, I finally let Roland and my mom talk me into going to the hospital. The two best things that happened there were:
1. First time to ride on a gurney. The camera angle on ER was the exact same as my view.
2. First experience with morphine - whoa baby!
I came home 5 hours later with anti-nausea meds, vicodin, and a surgical consult appointment to have my gallbladder removed.
Then things just got worse. The vicodin made me so sick! I had non-stop migraines and I could hardly walk or even open my eyes! My sister, Kristen told me to get off the Vicodin - that was what was causing all the trouble. So yesterday I did and Voila! I feel much better.
I am kinda dizzy and I feel a little like I was run over by a truck, but I feel much better. I have been planning a 90th birthday party for my grandma in Southern California for this weekend- I sure hope I can make there!
I sure hope this post made sense. I think I am kinda loopy.
18 comments:
With the high tech way surgeries are performed these days, you should be up and about in no time... glad it was diagnosed and soon to be out of your bod! Keep us up to date between bouts of loopiness.... Take Care.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
Wow, Robin! What an adventure. Hope you mend quickly and make it to the birthday celebration!
Robin! I felt so bad when I heard about your crazy gallbladder...those darn things. I had mine out last July and it really wasn't too bad. Kind of like a c-section (I've heard). Anyways, I'd love to chat with you about it... especially if you're still loopy:) I'm sure we could have a GREAT conversation! Call me!
I have had the pleasure of talking to Robin on the phone the past few days, and while Robin is very fun to talk to all the time, when she's on painkillers, she's even more entertaining. :)
Robin, I am so sorry you are going through this right now! The timing stinks. We will entertain you and take care of you when you're here.
Noah was so upset with himself for accidentally spilling the beans on Sunday to Kim Johnson and I accidentally overheard the tail end of it. I told him I'd keep it to myself, but I've been thinking about you all week. I thought you were already gone so I didn't call. Do you need anything?
Oh, bless your heart! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had the distinct pleasure (ha) of being taken by ambulance on Easter morning 2008 to the hospital with the most excruciating pain of my life, only to learn that I had a blocked duct and a diseased gallbladder. I had to have a procedure to unblock the duct, and the next day the evil gallbladder was removed. The surgery was a piece of cake compared to the pain that came beforehand. (However, I also had pancreatitis which complicated my situation and made recovery slower than usual; hopefully you will be up and around afterward in no time!) I agree with you ... hooray for morphine! **wink** Here's wishing you all the best, and just know that you'll be SO much better than ever, once you have this taken care of.
Get well soon, Robin!
I know exactly how you feel...I had the same experience with the hospital and vicodin...It is not to bad of a surgery. It is about 3-4 little insions. You should be fine!!! Good Luck!
I hate when there is a wrench thrown into the plans. I hope it all works out so you can make it to the big party that you planned. Feel better!
Robin ... we've been praying for you everyday since we found out. I hope you make it to the party, since you've done such an awesome job planning it. Please utilize me for the things you planned to do yourself. You need to just take it easy from here on out ... remember sister sledge we used to sing as kids ... "we are family all my brother sisters and me".
PS - As a multiple kidney-stone passer I also love morphine, but the oral versions make me sick too and do little for the pain. I just super megaload on Ibuprofen (like 800+ mg every few hours) - it's the only thing that seems to work for me.
I'm so sorry that you aren't doing well! Vicodin is my favorite and I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Loopy is kind of fun sometimes. I hope you can make the party and I wish I was there to make you and your family dinner! Get well soon!
So we're not going to need to stage a prescription drug addiction intervention anytime soon?
Hope it gets better!
I'm confused...is the gall bladder out yet? Can you wait for that kind of thing?
I am so sorry you're hurting and I hate wrenches. Get better soon.
sorry that you feel like crap. ;o) i know how you feel. i had mine taken out a few years ago. so much better without that darn thing. i wonder why they just didn't take it out while you were there. i hope you feel better soon.
Robin - I have been thinking about you since Sunday when I talked to Noah in the hallway at church. I hope you feel better soon. OUCH!!!
Yuck. But YEAH Morphine!! Let us know what happens, we will pray you can make it to Cali!
Whoa, nothing like a little medical surprise to get your heart pounding. I know what you mean about the morphine (yeah, baby, yeah!) and the vicodin. I now always list vicodin as one of the meds I'm allergic to. Never touch the stuff.
I'm not sure where I've been but here I am now.
I had my gallbladder removed when I was three months postpartum with my oldest kid. It was laser. The pain before was so excruciating that the recovery was a piece of cake.
They do blow you up with gas to do the surgery so try and get some gas-x because I thought the bloating was the worst part. Too much info?
Post a Comment