One of the worst things about living far away from my family is that we don't get to share special occasions together. David and Melissa went to great lengths to have Jane baptized in LA while we were all there. It was perfect.
See, David and Melissa are pretty much the perfect parents. We adore them for it. I often wish that they raised their family before I raised mine so I could have copied them. Melissa has a real hunger and passion for her children - I mean, we all love our kids right? But Melissa is better at that than most. Its inspiring. David is calm and wise. It is a pleasure to be with them.
Uncle Jason is Gabe's all time favorite person. (Warning to my gentle readers: The following story and picture description is rather crude and probably best left unread if you are eating.) Years ago Jason told my children that babies are born when the Dad poops them out. Ever since then my kids have been waiting to get revenge. But revenge found Jason all on it's own.
Jason's darling son puked all over him as soon as the closing prayer was said. It was a horrible stinky mess. And poor Jason missed the rest of the day's festivities as he stayed home with a houseful of puking people.
It was the beginning of the California Pukers Club. People were dropping like flies. All my kids got it. The nice thing was it passed quickly for most of us. But Sunday was pretty much lame.
9 comments:
We've been going through the same thing back here in Colorado. I've cleaned puke off the walls, carpet, bedding, and toys. My last kid had it today. I've seen enough puke for the next six months at least!
Tell me you didn't get it. That's all you need when you are already feeling the gall of the bladder.
The cousins singing picture is precious.
Not much worse than being the mom/aunt/sister of the puking parties. Sorry.
Robin, you are too nice. Don't you remember my complete intolerance for Michael's whineyness on the beach? (I mean, who can whine when on a beach???)
You also failed to mention that the first of the vomitters was from MD and nobody had it till they'd had a nice juicy hug from my kids.... Sad thing is, I think as it was transferred it mutated into something way worse than what my kids had. :(
The baptism was perfect. Wonderful.
No, Robin, YOU'RE wonderful!
Polite of you not to mention we probably were the instigators of the pukefest. Sorry everyone!
Aaahh, good memories. Puke everywhere. Totally worth it to spend time together.
Actually it was the second meeting of the Pukers club. The first one was a year earlier in Danville with the initiates Peel, Plicka, and Hart.
Oh, yuck!
Post a Comment