Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happiest Place On Earth

On our last day in LA we went to Disneyland. I have a testimony of the power of Disneyland. While driving there I was pretty sure I was going to be sick and decided I would just spend my day in the fancy Disney sick room while Roland and boys had the time of their lives. But the minute we pulled into the parking garage I felt better. And when we entered the Magic Kingdom I was suddenly cured!

Noah and Ike wanted pictures with all the princesses. But they changed their minds after seeing the line.We thought Buzz would be taller.

Even though the ride is bumpy and the monster isn't as big as I remember, the bobsleds rock!



The Tiki Room. This is one of my favorites. My favorites are: Small World, Tiki Room, Pirates of Caribbean (it's been updated), Jungle Cruise, and Space Mountain of course. Small World was closed. So was the Haunted Mansion. Waa.


Space Mountian.


The Jungle Cruise was pretty scary. And Exciting.


Tomorrow is hat day at Ike's school. If you pay a dollar you can wear a hat to school. He is so excited to wear this hat!

One more thing. If I lived in LA I would buy a pass to Disneyland and go one time just to show you all the ridiculous shoes women wear! Holy cow! I saw shoes that I couldn't even walk across a room in, being worn to traipse all over the Happiest Place On Earth. I am telling you - those feet were not happy!

11 comments:

Diana said...

I LOVE Disneyland--two years ago I took the boys all by myself (Marc had to leave California to go back to work)and we had SO much fun. I've been begging to go back ever since. Seeing your pictures brings it back to mind. That will be the first thing I ask Marc when he gets home tonight. :)

Berly said...

I love Disneyland. My grandparents live in LA, so we like to go there as much as we can. I love the shoe comment. i was thinking the same thing when I was there 2 years ago. How in the world? OUCH!!!

Sally said...

Awesome post. Ike mimicking the totem is perfect.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I totally agree with you that it is the happiest place on earth; you forget all that ails you and just have fun.
It looks like there is less of you in the pictures - are you shrinking?

ang :o) said...

We are supposed to be going to Disney Land this summer for my parents 40 wedding anniversary.

That picture Roland on the Space Mountain ride made me laugh so hard! Classic. He looks like he's going to loose his lunch all over the poor unsuspecting people behind him. :)

Anonymous said...

So Disneyland is a cure all... who'd a thunk it?

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Julie said...

I love the Tiki room too! In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room...LOVE IT.

Linda Austin Hart said...

What did Snow White say after she dropped off her film to be developed?
(sing) Some day my PRINTS will come....
hah!
$1 hat day is a great idea!

R A C H A E L said...

Its amazing what the female body can endure. Pregnancy, childbirth, and the magic kigdom in 4 inch heels...But man, our butts look good.

Green with Envy. I love Disneyland.

diane said...

At least the boys got their picture taken with the Queen.

Tamzen Fleming said...

How fun! We love Disneyland!