Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Couch Potato Season

BEEP! Beep! beep! Beep!

Do you know what that sound means? YES! "24" is back on TV. Why do I love this show? It is horrible. No one ever laughs or smiles, people are tortured, it is violent, scary and not relaxing at all. And Roland is way hotter than Keifer. I should probably just sit and watch Roland instead.
Roland is handsomer, taller, funnier, smiles more, and has never been in jail.
And, he has bigger muscles.

The TV pretty much stays off from April to December, but we are starting our couch potato season. My favorite shows are Cosby Show (in reruns), America's Biggest Loser, 30 Rock, and American Idol. I won't watch any of them if I have to watch the commercials. We DVR the shows and speed through the boring parts. Still, that leaves lots of time to be a couch potato. I can't just sit and watch TV. I have to do something.

So I made this hat:

I started it during the opening show of America's Biggest Loser (should be renamed America's Fattest People this season) last week and finished it during the 24 kickoff on Sunday. Then during the 2 hour 24 last night I worked on Ike's new hat:This hat will take a little longer. I can probably finish it during the American Idol kickoff tonight. Ike is working on it too, so it could go faster.

My next goal is to make an afghan. I think I will use the same yarn I used on my red hat. It is soft and luxurious. But I might need a few more shows to watch to finish an entire afghan.

Any suggestions?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched Keifer on 24 the first couple of seasons but then got bored with it... maybe I should make hats too, just in case it ever decides to snow here in our neck of the woods.

DI
The Blue Ridge Gal

Sally said...

Michael's has 50% off yarn this week.

I think you should leave the knitting ring in Ike's hat so it looks like a little green crown on the top of his head.

I am not into 24, never have been, but I can recommend Top Chef as a great show that will balance out ABL...after watching Top Chef you will want to make fabulous food.

Lisa said...

Any suggestions?!?!? You've come to the right place. I am a DVR fanatic. I don't know how I survived without it. Okay, so I'm a fellow fan of Biggest Loser, but I also have some guilty pleasure shows I think you would enjoy.

The Bachelor-even if you've never watched it before, you should start. Jason is the new bachelor and he has a sweet little 3 year old boy, so he's actually looking for a wife, not just a make out partner. I've heard there's a happy ending in sight.

Top Chef- I know, weird choice. My first time watching was a couple of weeks ago during a BRAVO marathon and I got hooked! The way these people talk about food is absolutely amazing! I learn lots of new terms like "amuse bouche" and "zabaione." Fascinating. Also, there's judges who are "food critics." They're obsessed with texture, balance, and presentation, and I think to myself, "Who are you to think you know so much about food? What would you say about my delicious green jello salad?" Also, one of the judges is a bald, older gentleman, and he's quite intriguing, but I can't put my finger on why.

Okay, I'll stop myself there. But I do have more. Good luck with the afghan!

Hans and Michelle said...

Hey. I found peppermint ice cream at King Soopers. And it's on sale even. I bought some. Now I am getting the recipe off your blog. I can't wait.

diane said...

If you like smut The Bachelor will fit the bill. It's my guilty pleasure.

Ta chapeau est tres jolie!

Emily said...

Burn Notice. It kicks 24's butt. Okay, not really. IN fact they're not at all alike. But Burn Notice is FREAKIN AWESOME and if you watch it that freakin awesomeness rubs off on you and you can pretty much be a professional spy and have a hilarious sense of humor. It really is an excellent show. We are HOOKED.

Chuck. I am loving Chuck.

Watch both of these shows. Now. If you can get ahold of the first seasons, start there. If not, just start watching. ;-)

Emily said...

Did I mention that BURN NOTICE is totally amazing in awesomeness and coolness? Because it is.

Emily said...

Oh, there is an occasional booty shot (it is filmed in Miami, FL) and boobie shot. Not much, just enough to draw in a wider audience.

Still, it is pretty freakin awesomely sweet.

Melissa said...

We love 24. Even though I watch the entire thing with a blanket over my head thinking the words of I am a Child of God. (Did you know I don't do suspense and action very well?) But I love it.

However, I did find myself thinking of Jack getting a DUI and being totally annoyed at how long it took to get to this season....

We love Chuck, Monk (!!!! I think this is my current favorite.) and Hero's even though it is getting kind of out there.

Hat question. I want to see the red one on. How did you do that. I have the hoops and some pretty yarn, I just need to step away from the laptop or the laundry.

How will you make a blanket???

Katrina said...

Jack Bauer for President, baby!

Lori Lou said...

Hey Robin...do you remember me? Lori Heninger now Robinson...I found your blog through someones now I don't remember. Oh well. Send me your email and I will invite you to my blog. lorihrobinson@hotmail.com

Joe said...

Best season of 24 in years. Tony's back and less poofy "side stories" to distract from Jack's butt-kicking ways.

Problem: Watching TV makes me grab for any and every starch-based food in the house. Solution: Knitting.

Will someone please make me a hat and give it to me in January in LA?

Linda Austin Hart said...

When Roland finally subdues his will and grants his dearest family members' wish to get a family dog, he *will* be hotter than Keiffer.