Saturday, November 22, 2008

Word Verification: Just Say No

I have received multiple requests for directions on how to turn off word verification. Here you go:
  1. Sign into the Settings menu (right next to the place to go to make a new post)
  2. Choose: Comments
  3. Scroll down to ""
  4. Click "NO"
  5. Save changes
  6. Sit back and wait for the cool people to comment.

How to do My Blog List with updates listed first:
  1. Sign into Layout (right next to Settings)
  2. Go to My Blog List and click Edit
  3. Choose: Sort by most recently updated
  4. Click on Date of Last Update and Title (if you want)
  5. Save changes.
  6. Pat yourself on back for being so technologically savvy.

................

I want to thank Shauna for the Award.
The real thanks goes to Roland who often comes home to a messy house, no food and hungry children because I am on the computer! ACK!

8 comments:

Linsey said...

Here's to hoping your instructions inspire a new culture of word verification-free blogs.

Anonymous said...

thanks robin - done thanks to your awesomeness!!!!!

Paige said...

thanks for posting this. I'm going to stop commenting on those who don't take off their word verification. so annoying. i don't have time!

Anonymous said...

How odd.... I am not offered the option on my blog list to 'sort by most recently updated'. My options are 1) don't sort, 2) sort Alpha, 3) sort reverse alpha. Any suggestions??

Anonymous said...

Got it! I used a different widget than you did for the blog list....

Berly said...

YAY!! I did it and did feel technologically savy.

Kimberly said...

So I've been blogging now for about two years... I didn't have word verification turned on for most of that, but in March, I started getting a bunch of spam comments so that's why I turned word verification on. I decided it was better to have people take an extra couple seconds to do the word verification than to have nasty spam comments that I had to delete :-) Sorry!

Robin said...

Kimberly - As soon as I get nasty comments I will do WV. But I haven't had one yet. I hope I never do!