Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Got Gas?


I took this picture 3 weeks ago and was going to blog about it. I was thrilled! But everyday the price got lower and lower. I had to wait.

Yesterday I took this picture:
Yes. You are reading that right. It is less than $1.50 per gallon. It only cost $24.44 to fill my car. I figure we would have saved about $250 a month last summer if the prices were $1.50.

Can anyone tell me why the prices went up in the first place?

Tomorrow, around my perfectly perfect Thanksgiving table, I am going to express my gratitude for cheap gas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've taken some gas station photos as well over the past month. No reasonable explanation exists for the increase and now the oil companies don't seem to be discussing the decrease. I am inclined to believe it was all about greed and nothing more. It's now below $1.50 at some of our stations in the Roanoke area. That's lower than I was paying four and a half years ago when I lived in Maryland. (throws hands up in the air) I just don't get it either, but not going to complain about current prices that's for sure.

Happy Thanksgiving Robin!!
Di

Tamzen Fleming said...

Amen my Sista! I can't believe the prices have gotten so low, but I love it.

diane said...

I'm so happy that there was a missionary sighting in Boise. It made my day. That is so cool. Maybe she can take a picture of him for me?!

I'm so thankful to have you for a blog buddy!

Paige said...

Don't you know it's because of Obama, the gas savior?

davers said...

The way oil spiked at $147/barrel a few months ago and is now at $47/barrel is proof that it was caused almost entirely by speculative buying on unregulated markets.