This was the best meal I ever made. Everything from the stuffing to the pumpkin pies (made from scratch from a real pumpkin) was perfect. The rolls were flaky, the turkey was moist and delicious (we soaked it in a brine for 12 hours and cooked it breast down in a bag - perfect). The table was beautiful. And, we ate right at 1:00 when I wanted to eat.
It is very satisfying to pull off a Thanksgiving Feast like this. I am so proud of myself.
But of course, we all know, "Its not whats on the table that matters, but what's in the chairs". It was wonderful to have Gabe and Hannah home and Mike, Chris, Jenni and Wade here.
The Smiths
Me, Noah (who always makes a goofy face for the camera) and Ike
Hannah and Grandma Jenni
Hannah finds a way to use napkin rings as a stylish accessory.
The kids really do love their dad.
Did I mention that Gabe broke his wrist?
15 comments:
CONGRATS on a perfect meal.
Dang Girl... you are good! Nice looking meal and table.... and YES... I did do all my Christmas shopping except for a few items that will be ordered online and shipped.... Dang... I'm good too! heh heh
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
WOW, Gorgeous table. And I didn't get the post about Hannah cutting her hair. It's cute but kinda No On 8??
Haha Paige.
Robin, beautiful table and delicious looking food. I bet when mom reads this post she is going to wish she spent the $600 to come to your house for Thanksgiving!
I'm glad it came together so perfectly and that you could have all your kids and some of Roland's family with you.
Your table looks beautiful!! I am glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. By the way, saw Twilight again with my sisters. Tons better the 2nd time.
You're making me drool just reading about it!!! What a great job you did and the kids (young & old) look like they are having just as good of a time!
Wow, your table really was beautiful!! I've always wanted to make a pumpkin pie from scratch. You ARE good! :)
That's wonderful that you had such a great Thanksgiving with your family.
You are good. Glad you posted this because Thanksgiving is a WHOLE lotta work and someone should get the credit!
My goodness! That table was gorgeous. I am truly impressed, way to go Robin!!
But I bet it was more fun last year with my three crazy kids running around and the broken oven. At least, it was really fun for us!
I am soooo impressed at that table! Wowwy!
Wow! Great table setting. I swear I didn't know this side of you when you lived in Boise. You are a regular Martha Stewart. I love it.
Hannah and Gabe look great. Where are they living in Boise? I would love to say hi.
Beautiful Table, Beautiful family. You are good. :)
So Glad to See Wade and Mike, Chris and Grandma Jennie there!
I love the table, of course! I think I need to take some lessons from you :-)
I am starving, and I really want to eat your food. FEED ME! Hannah's Hair=Adorable.
Gorgeous photos, your children are beautiful.
Wow. My sister is Martha Stewart.
Jane's going to be so jealous of Gabe. I can just hear her: "Gabe's so lucky, he has a cast!"
Post a Comment