Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Reports of the devastation caused by Hurricane Ike are shocking and alarming. What drove him to cause such destruction? This is the sad, but true, story of Hurricane Ike. Perhaps we can find, hidden in his past, the real reason for his violent attack.


His early childhood seemed happy enough.
Santa let him sit on his lap.
His parents celebrated his birthday. He was fond of horses.

But soon enough he began to display reckless behavior. Picking the noses of rather large bovine.

Catching bugs in his rather large teeth.

When they realized that he had talent, his parents forced him to perform. Seeking fame and fortune, they paraded him around, in contests with cash prizes.

They put him at extreme risk performing dangerous acrobatic stunts at family reunions and picnics (no longer for hire...sorry).

After such mistreatment Ike began to display an attitude of defiance.


Hanging out with shady characters.


Seeking some form of family, Hurricane Ike started a gang. He is said to be the notorious leader of the "Hurricane Gang". He flashes the gang sign here with Hurricane Hannah.

Psychiatrists have a theory that Hurricane Ike was forced to start a gang after years of living on the streets with his dad and brothers (apparently he was not well fed and had to pick his nose).

Once again, flashing gang signs with his unsuspecting Aunt Sally. In a chocolate factory.


Hurricane Ike has been attacked several times. But he seems unaffected by the attacks.

Well, maybe he was a little affected by the attacks.


Don't be fooled by his cuteness. Its all just a show to throw you off of his Hurricane track.Publicity photo taken to counter act the negative publicity of Hurricane Hannah and Ike.Another publicity photo intended to make Hurricane Ike seem gentle and safe. NOT SO!

What can you do to protect your home and family? How can you prevent Hurricane Ike from wreaking havoc on the people and things you love? Keep a bowling ball handy. Bowling balls seem to have a Kryptonite affect on Hurricane Ike.
Ike-proof your life and buy a bowling ball today!
Available for a limited time only.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh! I love Ike!
Awesome Post, I LOL at the pj pants.

R A C H A E L said...

BWAHHHAHAhAhAhAhA!!! This is awesomely funny. I love how you have all of these hillarious photos! You're Ike sure has lead an adventurous (sp) life!!

R A C H A E L said...

Man, I am having serious issues today. I mean "Your Ike." Not "You're Ike."

Tamzen Fleming said...

Very funny! We don't want to Ike-proof our life though. We love that kid!

Sally said...

What a great post. We could use a little Hurricane Ike over here to liven things up.

I am impressed that you dug through all your photos to make this post--you are such a good mom.

And notice in the picture with me, my purse is patent leather. That was about 3 years ago...I must have set the current trend.

diane said...

He is too cute to cause such destruction.

Joe said...

This post is, ze best. Ike in the giant skin-tight pants up to the shoulders is going to keep me smiling long time.

Kristen said...

Very very funny post. I just finished going through this one and the Hurricane Hannah post.

You're kids are scary and destructive. But we love them anyway!

Anonymous said...

clever clever clever - I'm always impressed by the gathering of so many random photos. the way my photos are organized (or not!), that would take me forever to do!

Julie said...

Andrew sure misses Ike and I miss doing Webelos with those cute boys. Very cute pictures.

Robin said...

After I did Hurricane Hannah, Ike bugged me everyday to do a Hurricane Ike post. He loved this post. Laughed and read it over and over.

Berly said...

Hilarious. The pictures crack me up especially the one with head out the window. By the way, my girls loved the picture of Ike (with the fairy wings) in your past post about Hurricane hannah. They were very intrigued and confused, and couldn't stop looking.

Berly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenibelle said...

Such a clever post! If they ever name a hurricane Mitch I'll be ready!!

KDub said...

Hilarious. Good thing you keep your camera on you at all times.

I knew it had to be something in Ikes upbringing that caused this disaster. It was only Hurricane Hannahs example.