
David, my only brother.
Our favorite 4ths are the ones where all my siblings are here together. This year we were missing 2 of our favorite families. We still had fun without them but we had to stop and say, "wouldn't this be even better if Emily's and David's families were here!"
On the 4th we eat way too much (everyone fixes their favorite food so it is pretty good), play games, play in the river, sit in the shade and talk, do a work project (this year we were going to move rocks to build a beach on the river bank - but Roland had to go and tear his retina...), and celebrate birthdays and independence day.
Here are a few more 4th traditions:

Nathan and Hannah in Nate's transformer birthday hats. Notice the spray bottle in the background...that got it's very own post - see the previous post.

Every year we have to duck tape the pinata so it lasts long enough for all of the kids and some of the adults to give it a try.

6 year old Nate finally breaks open his pinata.
We generally act pretty cool on the 4th. Benji and Hannah.

We go into Crouch (this get's it's very own blog) to watch the mayhem there.
Waiting for the Garden Valley Firework show to start.
Benji gives us a little firework pre-show.
The 4th ends with a spectacular firework show. We ooo! we ahhh! we cheer for more! Then we hurry back to the cabin to let off our own fireworks.
Every year we have to duck tape the pinata so it lasts long enough for all of the kids and some of the adults to give it a try.

6 year old Nate finally breaks open his pinata.

We generally act pretty cool on the 4th. Benji and Hannah.

We go into Crouch (this get's it's very own blog) to watch the mayhem there.

Waiting for the Garden Valley Firework show to start.

Benji gives us a little firework pre-show.

This year we had Nate's birthday cake after the fireworks. It was Julie P's 4 day coconut cake (yum).
It was a great 4th! Next year all siblings are required to be here NO MATTER WHAT. :)
6 comments:
I like Hannah's hair. It's rock and roll chic.
She has to have a BEAUTIFUL face to pull that hair off! Go Hannah! What a fun 4th of july!
Awesome pics! Wish we had been there!
Looks like so much fun. I love the duct taped pinata. So fun. Wish we had been there.
I really wanted to be there. ;-(
I can see that you have a great time! I love small town parties! Maybe one of these years we will get to the cabin ourselves. I love that you had 4 day cake. I wish I was there to eat a slice with you and catch up! I'll make it for you in person if you come to Norway! We'll serve it with fish and it will seem more international. Tell Roland we prayed for him and I'm glad his eye is doing well.
Post a Comment