Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ugotawana Camp!

YW leaders and camp directors.

Two weeks ago today I was at Lake Wellington, serving in the position of Camp Director, for 22 of the sweetest girls and their 8 beautiful leaders. It was great! Girls camp was so fun this year. I really enjoyed camping with this wonderful ward of girls! I went to camp only knowing a few of them and came home loving all of them. Here are some pictures of the fun we had.
Using licorice to learn knot tying.

Megan was very afraid of the water. Joyana loved every minute of it!
Every morning we did the Polar Bear Dip in that freezing cold lake. Burr!
Lovely Hikers - before we climbed the sheer mountain face. Scary.
At the top of the sheer mountain face. Beautiful.
The Orange Star Seeker Tribe.

YCL's rock.

The Emma Smith Program.Liz - our very own ward ballerina. (I lifted this picture from Joyana's blog)

The beginning of Bailey's raft.
Bishop shows off rappelling face first off the 80 foot cliff.

Tori follows the Bishop's example.
Yes. That is me. I rappelled off the 80 foot cliff too!
We help each other up the rocks of life.
Our amazing YCL's who worked very hard and made camp wonderful!


For a more detailed report go to Joyana's blog and Rachael's blog. They both did an excellent job blogging about it.

I think the nicest thing about this ward is every one's willingness to jump in and help. And I think the Young Women in this ward are amazing. We did some very hard things (wow, that hike was killer) and they breezed through it like it was nothing and they helped each other over and over. They are sweet beautiful girls who are making all the right choices and it was a privilege to be with them. I have to say that my favorite parts were, The Emma Program (with Liz, our real ballerina), Jen's team building-type activities, eavesdropping in on the devotionals, the hike, rappelling, the leap of faith, water ballet, and mostly getting to love all these girls and their leaders. Lucky me!

3 comments:

diane said...

That's my kind of knot tying!

Kimberly said...

Awww, this makes me miss girl's camp with you and the 18th ward. YW is still my all-time favorite calling!

Dani said...

Chief Rob Rob!! I love you! Miss you tons, and can't wait till you come home so we can hang out! Love you hope you are having a blast on your vacation!