Okay. I guess it does look a little like a mint chocolate bon bon. I hide this little wrapper deep in my purse in a zippered pocket. Does it still look like candy?
I was driving the 11 year old neighborhood gang around to various YMCA's Target's, and Lowe's (don't ask) and on a fairly sharp turn (I hope none of the gang mom's are reading) my purse slid across the floor and this pretty package popped out.
Ike grabbed the "candy" and yelled, "CANDY"! waving it around for all to see. I nearly drove straight across the roundabout trying grab it from him and yelling back, "THAT'S NOT CANDY!" Now, apparently I have fibbed about candy before because Ike didn't believe me. He started begging for the "candy" - mostly to show the other boys how well he could work his mom.
I was not about to have Sex-Education with Mrs. Smith in the 1999 Volvo Wagon for four 5th grade boys. The school has a filmstrip for that. I used my don't-mess-with-me voice and said, "Put_that_down." The car fell silent. I meant business and they knew it.
I ended up buying everyone a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup at Target.
I guess the temptation was too strong to resist. Today I found the "candy" open in my purse.
13 comments:
I'm seriously laughing out loud. And hard. This post made my night - thanks :-)
That is so funny! I love it when boys happen across fun feminine products and turn red in the face! :)
Robin-I am laughing out loud in a room all by myself. And, it does look like candy. I wonder what Ike thought when he opened it later on. HMMMMMMM!
I swear I left a comment earlier today!
Anyway, yes, it does kind of look like candy. Poor Ike, you really were saving him from HUGE embarassment! I love Ike. Do I say that in every comment.
In the words of the pad wrapper-- "Have a Happy Period!"
-Melissa
I'm not sure if he even knew what it was after he opened it. I think he probably just realized it wasn't food and lost interest.
He hasn't seen the filmstrip yet. We have had the sex talk but didn't cover tampons.
Thats funny, You know, I think my husband made that same mistake once too..only he isn't 11...haha. I don't think they'll ever get it.
I think I remember my mom being kind of stingy with the candy when I was a kid. Hmmmm . . . Of course, that's a pretty far out packaging job. A wrapper like that screams out "international flavor" and is pretty much guaranteed to taste like cucumbers or beef or something. What would you have said if Ike had gotten the wrapper off? I would have gone with "party popper." Or "art supply." Or "toy squid from a gumball machine."
Is this getting too weird? Am I still allowed to comment on your blog?
That is drop dead hilarious. I laughed the whole way to bed about it. I can't believe the suspense was so great he had to go back and check it out. Too funny.
Excellent post! That was a close call for Ike and his friends. And you.
Where does one obtain a cute tampon like that? I've never seen anything like it. Is it green for St Paddy's Day? What did you wear for Easter?
mmmmm.... I want some.....
Poor Ike. I bet he went to bed that night wondering why something so wierd was so festively wrapped. That is one to tell the future Mrs. Ike.
Many....years ago, one of my boys got into some "candy" while the home teachers were there and he ran into the room shouting (and providing a demonstration), "look mom, I found a rocket!"
Post a Comment