Monday, March 31, 2008

This is Beautiful Estes Park Colorado in the Spring time (late June) . It looks like a safe peaceful place. Not so.

In Estes Park there is a lovely hotel called Hotel Stanley. The horror movie "The Shining" was filmed at Hotel Stanley.
Of course, we had to take our sweet innocent children and glorify this gory creepy R rated monster by touring the hotel.
Picture of movie memorabilia in the hotel basement.


Roland, Brian and Noah in the lobby where all kinds of horrible things happened in the movie.The kids out in front of the hotel doing the "Redrum" finger talking thing.

The redrum finger talking thing has been going on all weekend. I even saw it in sacrament meeting yesterday. My sweet baby Ike is now begging to see the movie. I just did an image search for this blog and I am now remembering how horribly scary this movie was!

4 comments:

Salt H2O said...

It's a nice looking hotel. I can't imagine a lot of people would want to stay there knowing the history.

Sally said...

It was a freaky scary bad movie. I didn't see it until I was 20 at least and I hated it (but it was good, for a horror flick).

We are on the same wavelength somehow. Last night Nathan was talking like the redrum voice in his sleep. Jason was totally spooked.

Your trip looked awesome. And Paige is right, under the stairs is for making out, so if you go there again don't let any 2 kids in there alone!

Katrina said...

Heeeeeeree's Johhny!

Celia Fae said...

The other night my six year old wrote redrum in the bath with bath crayons. I was a little freaked and quickly summoned my husband who confessed to teaching him the word. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to tolerate stuff like that.