When I leave them home alone (never a good idea) they document their weirdness with my camera. I usually find Myspace-ish pictures of my offspring holding the camera and taking their own picture.
These pictures are generally dramatic and moody. Lots of times they are sepia or black and white - stark portrayals of teenage angst. Nothing you really want to frame and put in the living room. (apologies to H&G - these pictures are at least 2 years old)
I was going to post on Ike’s choir concert last night (so cute and the last Elementary Concert of my parenting career) and was ready to download video when I discovered this:
This is what I have learned from these pictures:
1. This has been going on for a while.
2. He drinks when the house is a mess (which is bad because it is nearly always messy).
3. They DO drink from the container when I’m not around.
4. He knows how to use the camera timer.
5. His middle school sweatshirt still fits him.
6. I really do love that chandelier over the kitchen table.
7. So that’s where all my Dr. Pepper is going!
6 comments:
I'm still laughing. This made my very long day a little brighter. I think I'll be able to get through bed time now. Thanks Robin! And thanks to Noah and his drinking problem. I feel his pain...
The last picture of Noah is priceless!
How nice to have proof of your children's wierdness. Evidence. Which could be used against them at some future point in time. Hmmmmm...Some great ideas for blackmail were coming on, but then I realized: they took these pictures because they *want* to be seen this way. Blackmail won't work. Too bad.
Noah looks exactly like Gabe! That is weird.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Robin, I LOVE it.
Noah is HUGE!!!!!!!!!
And I love the fact that almost all your kids do this...it's only a matter of time until Ike's there.
Kelsy
This is so funny. It reminds me of when kids will program their mom's cell phone to really embarassing ring tones--and as a mother you never know what you're going to get. I read a story about that once--and the mom was just like "oh, well. I don't know how to change it."
Oh, It does a grandma good to see her fantastic grandkids doing crazy things with the camera belonging to the mom who used to do similar silly things when said grandma was gone from the house.
Post a Comment