Saturday, March 15, 2008

Extreme Smith Makeover

We don't need no stinkin' makeover show at our house. Makeovers are happening left and right as these kids grow up. Today we are only highlighting 2 of our quickly changing kids. Hannah and Noah will get their own blog later.

Before:

Snaggletooth Ike
After:


Young Pharoah WITH braces

Okay. The braces were a BIG DEAL and it was all we could think about for about 3 days. It even affected the way he swallowed. Yep, drool everyplace. Gross. But he is very fastidious about them and got a lot of attention at school because of them.


Before:


Hmmm - so many ways to describe this picture. I'll just let you write your description in the comments.
After:


Fine Eagle Scout with his Eagle.
Pretty big change hu?! The first picture was taken 1 week before his Eagle Court of Honor on the way to the hair cut (which cost us A LOT of money and I will post about it only if begged repeatedly in a desperate manner). Best money we ever spent.


5 comments:

Sally said...

Excellent before and after pictures! please, please please post about the haircut, please pleeeeeeeeeease!

Gabe in the Before picture looks like John Taylor from Duran Duran, but without 80's man makeup.

I like Gabe better with shorter hair, it allows you to focus on his handsome face instead of his hair.

Ike is very suave as a pharoah. Does he wear that to school often? Maybe he's starting a trend.

Anonymous said...

I wanna hear about the hair cut too. Gabe looks wonderful, how is he doing anyway? Your kids made such a wonderful impression on our kids in Mexico. I so much wish we could spend more time with them. One of my favorite things about Mexico was watching Janey just absorb and thrive in the love and attention of family. I think she really needs it. She would just sit, smiling, watching your family interact. Uncle Roland makes her laugh and smile.

Boy, I'm rambly, sorry. I love the makeovers. I love the "tin grin", I hope it is feeling less painful.

Berly said...

I LOVE IT!! I feel extra lucky because I know the hair cut story-but post it pleeeeeeeeeease. I would love to read it.

Anonymous said...

Um, I think you HAVE to tell about the haircut price now.... you bribed Gabe didn't you???

I'm surprised it was dreads!!!!!

Very handsome boy.

Anonymous said...

Both boys are so cute!

I feel very lucky...I got a call from Gabe today! I love him.
-KK