Sunday, August 18, 2013

Singapore House


Welcome to our Singapore house. Its really a condo, they call it a terraced house 
so we call it our house.

We keep the gate closed most of the time. 

This is our front yard:

If we had a car we would park it here. 
But we are using it as a patio until we get a car. 
IF we get a car.



It was probably the front yard that sold the house. I like it a lot and look forward to adding to it.

I am  not posting pictures of the living areas because they are mostly empty right now.
But here is the kitchen:

It is rather depressing compared to our old house, but bigger than the cabin 
kitchen. I am dreaming up ways to make it feel cheery.

Right out the kitchen is the backyard:

This is the view out the back yard. The back yard is about 8x20 feet. 



In the backyard you will find laundry center and a dishwasher.
You will also find a teeny tiny room and a coat closet sized bathroom for
the helper. Most expats hire a "helper" full time to care for the house, tend children, 
and do the cooking (i think this is why the kitchens are so lame).
We won't be hiring a helper. And if we did there is no way I would have her
use the rooms provided for that purpose!

Lets go inside and upstairs to the 2nd floor where Ike's room and the master bedroom are:



Here is Ike's room. We don't have dressers yet so he is using the floor.
He wants you to know that his floor and the clothes laying upon it are clean.


Lets head up to the 3rd floor where there is a family room, a bed room, an office and a rooftop courtyard.


There are 46 stairs. Great acoustics if you like to whistle.

The little frog fountain in the rooftop courtyard splashes and you can hear it throughout the house. I love it.


One of the 5 bathrooms. Check out the super fancy toilet seat. So fancy.



And finally, the view of our front yard from the 3rd floor. Can you see that little fountain on the left side? It has cute little goldfish that eat mosquito larva. I've never bought a house that came with pets!

Thanks for visiting. Come back again when we have furniture and decorations!

6 comments:

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

Lizzie thinks your house is awesome!! Thanks for posting, it's so fun to be able to see what you guys are up to. Love you guys

Diana said...

Please post more soon--I'd love to see how you decide to decorate it and cheer up your kitchen. Those wooden stairs would sell me for sure. So beautiful.

Jen and Kent said...

It is so fun to see all your adventures! Your house is awesome and you will have amazing looking legs walking up and down those stairs ;-) love you and miss you tons my friend!

Jen and Kent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly and Matt said...

I love it! I already want to come visit you.

melia said...

It's beautiful Robin! And so unlike anything here. Enjoy your time there. We miss you!