I'm all for organic gardening but when it comes to bindweed bring on the chemicals! Feverfew, catnip and bindweed have taken over my septic field garden. It took me 3 days to clean out the garden but I left all the bindweed and later today I will give it a nice drink of Roundup, make myself a cup of peppermint tea, and watch as it dies a slow wilted death.
The Crouch farmer's market is this morning. There is a sweet little lady who sells her freshly picked garden lettuces for 25 cents a sandwich bag. I hope she is there today. When I asked her if it was organic lettuce she was confused and said "What do you mean by 'organic'?" We talked and decided her stuff was pretty organic.
Yesterday Roland and I went to Silver Creek Plunge after an easy hike on Peace Creek Trail (has anyone hiked the foot trail? I have questions about it that can't be answered on google) Roland has to take it easy because he is recovering from pneumonia. We floated around the hot springs pool supported by inner tubes. It felt organic because there was no chlorine.
Hannah is working in Fort Collins on an organic CSA farm. She and bindweed have a chemical free war going on. I want to call her and commiserate about bindweed.
Over and out.
5 comments:
I had to google bindweed to see what it is: Morning Glory. ....not the domesticated variety.
I hope you bring home some awesome veggies!
if you haven't killed all the feverfew I would like to get some from you.
I love your sense of vengeance: "I will give it a nice drink of Roundup, make myself a cup of peppermint tea, and watch as it dies a slow wilted death."
https://www.cekaja.com/info/9-manfaat-buah-tin
Post a Comment