Scroll down:
http://www.waltpub.com/papers/we/wood%202-3-12.pdf
I am so proud. I felt happy all day.
Roland and Hannah returned from Ethiopia Dec 13 and I am finally giving up on Roland doing a detailed post so here are a few of my favorite pictures from their trip. I can't tell you much about them because I wasn't there:
Just some of the jerseys that Casey Nixon collected for his Eagle Project. Nearly all these boys live on the streets.
Roland helps inventory the jerseys, shoes, and balls.
The first group of campers through Hannah's program.
Roland and Hannah hired a guide and traveled through Northern Ethiopia.
Rock Hewn Churches - way old
This was carved out of one huge rock, thus, a rock hewn church in Lalibela.
From 1200.
UNESCO site.
Roland on a donkey.
They insisted he ride.
:)
When I am having a sad day I look at this picture and everything gets better.
Yum! Dinner! R & H said it was delicious!
And Vegetarian!
See how Roland's hand is bandaged? He fell down the monastery mountain.
Bleachers - Ethiopian Style
OK. Who knows what Bible story this is?
Blue Nile waterfall
Gondar, another UNESCO World Heritage Site
Roland was given this shirt and medal as a token of thanks for helping deliver the soccer and camping supplies.
The End








2 comments:
Very cool You should be proud! I have to admit I followed her blog and lived vicariously in Africa for a while through her. Well done, Hannah!
This is so cool. I really want to sit with Hannah and Roland and hear all about it from them!!! But since I can't I will happily accept your account of their amazing trip!
Post a Comment