Friday, September 16, 2011

Wimporee

Our scout group has a tradition of holding a wimporee several times a year. A wimporee is when a group of scouts (they start at age 12) sleeps over at a scout member's home, playing basketball, soccer, video games (actually - no video games, yet), make up competitions, jump off the roof of the house, eat everything and burp as loud as they can. Tonight they are at our house. I just went into the basement (smells like boy) to let them know that Roland and I would be up in our room reading (Roland said to never let them know we will sleep) and remind them to be quiet outside for the neighbors' sake.

They don't know I can hear them talk about the homecoming dance, debate over what is best: soccer or basketball, what is the best hot sauce, deny that they like certain girls, and brag about how fast they can eat a bowl of cap't crunch.

They will stay up most the night and then wake up at 7:00 AM for football, soccer, and band practice.

I love this.

1 comment:

Floyd Family said...

I would love to see pics...or video would be even better, if you got any of this Wimporee. Please do not publish this activity beyond state lines...please!