My Besties: Suzanne and Ann (at Whitney's farewell) They are as tall as me, but I was standing on a curb.
Courtney and Dani - two of Suzanne's girls
Last week I went to the cabin for a girls week. First, Ann and Suzanne came up to hang out, catch up, and do a little art project. Ann teaches art and does beautiful pottery. Both Ann and Suzanne are amazing gardeners and very artistically inclined.
So we painted chairs.
Here the chairs are before. Poor sad spider egged chairs. They were in the dump pile but Sally and I rescued them and spray painted them white (in the picture below - Sally is spray painting other chairs for another post).
Ann shows us how to mix the paints.
My practice page.
Suzanne and her chair (below).
My mom painted a box to store hotel grooming samples in the cottage bathroom.
Mom, Ann, Sally, Suzanne
Sally (with our inspiration photo in the background).
Ann is meticulous.
Before
After!
Chairs by (L to R): Robin, Suzanne, Ann, and Sally. Box by Mom.
These look awesome in the newly decorated cottage (more on that later).
This was such a relaxing rewarding activity. I think we should do a women's painting week next year. Are you up for it?
Late that night The Famous Julie Phipps, beautiful daughter Claire, and spazzy puppy Rolf, dropped by to spend the night on their way home from Moses Lake. Awesome!
Late that night The Famous Julie Phipps, beautiful daughter Claire, and spazzy puppy Rolf, dropped by to spend the night on their way home from Moses Lake. Awesome!
7 comments:
We had a great time in the cottage and we were spoiled by your amazing hospitality! Thanks for having us! It was so fun to see the cabin!
They did look beautiful in your beachy cottage, and were well used! Thank you.
Count me in for next year's painting week! love it!
I'm happy I was able to participate in this. Very generous of Ann to share her talents & her paints. I love her & Suzanne, both!
Thanks so much for this wonderful time to get to be together...our bestie time is precious!
I love painting and I love Rolf! I think it is highly unfair that I wasn't there.
:)
Em- Next time. Sally, KK and I kept saying that it would have been perfect if you and Melissa were there.
Post a Comment