Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Charlottenberg, River Tour, Reichstag, and UNESCO Museums

I have been on my own in Berlin for 2 days now and I am getting along quite well. I do miss Roland and wish he could hangout with me, but he is making the big bucks. Yesterday found me at the Charlottenberg Palace. I'd Like to hug whoever came up with audiotours. It doesn't matter the language, just grab your headphones and you are off learning amazing new things about Prussia!
 After a few hours of the palace I jumped on a river boat and enjoyed 3 hours of quitely meandering through the city, with a tour guide (in German and French). Did you know that Berlin (3.5 million people) has more bridges than Venice? It is a watery place. Each of the bridges we went under were decorated and had famous designers. It was a bridge lover's dream trip. It also was a nice break if perhaps you had a sore foot and a sore throat. Just sayin.



 I like the background in this picture.

I like myself in this picture.

Then i I caught a Taxi to a vegan resturant I heard about. Vegan and organic Indian food. Very good. I ordered something I couldn't pronounce with potato in it and almost licked the plate clean.

TODAY:

I wanted to tour the Reichstag but Palament is in session so no one is allowed inside. Unless you have reservations at the Reichstag Resturant.
Spelt Creps filled with vegetables - such a fabulous Reichstag breakfast. It looked better before I ate all the garnishes.

Riechstag Dome interior. Super cool.

NESCO site - PergamonMuseum

This was very impressive - Ishtar's Gate - Built by King Nebuchadnezzar

Close up of Ishtar's gate.

Another highlight was Queen Neffertiti's head - awesome. Better than the Mona Lisa.

Blogging suddenly got very difficult so I am done for the night!

2 comments:

Linda Austin Hart said...

wow...that gate is 2 1/2 thousand years old! I think.

Martha said...

Great pictures!! Thanks for going to all the trouble to post them. Hope your foot and throat feel better soon. Looking forward to more pictures.