So I was running around with velcro curlers in my hair when the doorbell rang and I was dressed, but there were the curlers, so I had an internal debate about opening the door until I peeked out and saw a floral delivery truck in the driveway. Door opened!
Years ago, Roland started a very nice birthday tradition. When the kids have a birthday they give me a present! Awesome hu?!
Today is Hannah's 22nd birthday. I can hardly believe it. She is our only. Our only girl. There are so many darling pictures of her. My favorite is one from when she was 2 with a brand new pair of pink Weeboks on her feet - ready to run to the moon.
I love you Hannah! Happy Birthday Honey! You are a joy to me and Dad.
.............
Oh, and the 9x9 thing - that's a Smith inside story about how much we love each other. Don'tcha wish ya were a Smith?


8 comments:
What a fabulous tradition.
I have an only too. Daughters are wonderful.
You look cute in curlers.
maybe Roland could nudge Marc? I think this tradition sounds marvelous.
I think this is so nice! I am also glad that you birthed Hannah. She is a joy to everyone who knows her!
Happy Birth - day Robin and Hannah!
I love your tradition! Andrew and I have the same birthday so I guess it kind of works that day. Enjoy the beautiful flowers!
We talked about how awesome Hannah is. xoxoxo
A fabulous tradition indeed!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I love this tradition too.
Post a Comment