Monday, April 12, 2010

Los Angeles


The Getty.

Roland and I spent a few days in Los Angeles this week. He was speaking at a conference so I tagged along as his "assistant" and also to visit my dear Grandma and Sally's family. When I drove to Denver airport it was a pretty good snowstorm. It ended up being a snow day. Ike called and said, "No school! No parents! Awesome!"

My Grandma is 91 and cute as a bug. She is smart and spry and cheerful. She answered all my questions about genealogy and old family stories. It is always a treat to be with her.

Sally is beautiful (and today is her birthday), her husband is handsome, and their children are gorgeous and smart. I have an awesome picture of Roland reading to them on the couch but Sally's husband doesn't like people to post pictures of his kids on my blog (and I love him and want him to be happy) so here is a picture of the back of one child and the pink skirt of the other at Redondo beach pier. 
 

I couldn't get over how perfect the weather was.

We went to the J Paul Getty Museum. Why haven't I done this before? It was beautiful and we saw works by Van Gogh, Cezanne, Leonardo Da Vinci, Monet, Manet, and many others. We do love a good museum and The Getty is fabulous.
Trying to find our way around this huge place.

The Getty garden was my favorite part. 

I posted about the food on http://leantowardthesun.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You and Roland look beautiful. I'm glad you had a sunshiny trip. We all need sunshine this time of year don't you think? I wish you could post pics of Sally's family... I miss them!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

So glad you got to trade the snow storm for some sunshine. You look fabulous!

Sally said...

Yay for the Getty Center! Why don't you come back and we can go there again and to some other awesome gardens.

It was great to see you.

the wrath of khandrea said...

looks like a great time! you travel a lot. that is awesome.

happy bday to sally! you neglected to mention her age...

Linda Austin Hart said...

I love the Getty!