The Smiths went marching 2 by 2, hurrah! Hurrah!
Hannah and Gabe were at college during our spring break.
Ike and I flew to the cabin in Idaho. We played with friends, took long walks (I ran!), swam in the hot springs pool, read books, played speed and croquet (Ike is really good - he beat me everytime at croquet but couldn't touch me in speed!), watched elk and geese and deer and birds, raked pine needles and fertilized the lawn.
Ike learned how to shuffle cards - an important life long skill - and how to light a fire in the wood stove that would heat the entire cabin. Lighting a fire in a wood stove is a different skill set than a campfire light.
We had such a relaxing time that it didn't even occur to me to take a single picture until we were at the airport heading home.
Roland and Noah went to Kona, Hawaii and explored the entire island. They hiked to the top of the volcanoes, spent much time looking for hot lava (never found any, dang! Last time we were there we found hot lava and poked it with a stick and it shot out flames! So exciting.), found a dead whale on the beach, snorkeled, hiked the Hamakua coast, and missed me. They really missed me. They called several times a day. I think everyone agrees that they would have had much more fun if I were with them. But this was Noah's Father Son Senior Trip. no girls allowed. All pictures were on cell phones and I have no access to them. Use your imagination to picture how dull it was without me.

4 comments:
both trips sound glorious. i'm in big need of a vacay but unfortunately am not allowed to travel for another month or so. i can't believe how much your boys look a like! there, i finally found someone i can say that to since i hear it ALL the time about my own. :) missed you.
it's good to be missed.
How could they possibly have had fun without you? I'm glad you and Ike had fun. Andrew is looking forward to getting to know Ike again.
It was wonderful having you here.
Post a Comment