The job market is so bad that he is competing with college graduates for minimum wage work. Roland and I tell him that he needs to go into the places he wants to work once or twice a week and cheerfully remind the manager that he wants a job. He is embarrassed to do that.
Noah, his trophy, and Miss Sara - Piano teacher extraorindare!
Noah won the Historical Era piano festival - the one he went to alone.
...................
College Student Update:
- Gabe has strep throat. Feel sorry for him.
- Hannah got a summer job as a Ranger at Philmont Scout Camp! She will be so good at this and it will be a great experience for her, especially because it is the 100th Year of Scouting. Philmont is only about 4 hours away so I plan to visit her at work. You are welcome to join me. Being with Hannah is one of my favorite things to do.
Ike had a root canal on Monday. It was awful. It took me 2 days to figure out that the Tylenol with codeine was making him sick. Poor baby. His science project - build a cell model - was outstanding and earned an A+. He was thrilled.
A+ cell model
Rabbit- nucleus, Pac-man- endoplasmic reticulum, red dots-ribosomes, and so forth.
....................
Valentine's day was a bust because Roland was sick and Ike had a toothache. We stayed in our sweats all day, watched Olympics, and gorged on sugar cookies.
Not very romantic. But when we exchanged cards I tried to read aloud the note/poem Roland wrote in the card and got weepy. So Roland offered to read it and he got choked up (this is what happens after 25 years of marriage, you get sappy). Finally Noah, slightly embarrassed at the emotional display of mom and dad, but relieved that we love each other, read the poem in his perfect sarcastic teenage boy voice. Weeping replaced by annoyance. Works everytime.


7 comments:
BUNNY!
if you come to philmont, i will teach you how not to get eaten by bears.
love
hope you are all, especially gabe , over the crummies. The sappies are fine.
Noah: they're right about going in a couple times a week and reminding them why they should hire you (because you want to work here so much). Congrats on the competition win
And congrats to Hannah's summer job!
Your laugh paragraph made me laugh out loud, three times. :)
I love your family.
xoxo
Too funny, as always. On the job front - there are still some places doing paid internships, like Lockheed Martin and Honeywell... if you can convince them that a major in music is really beneficial for their finance/contract departments... good luck Noah! On another note...I'm feeling really lucky that my kids aren't reading our Valentine's cards yet...not a lot of sap, but I sure would be embarrassed!
Emily mentioned your laugh paragraph and I can't find it. And cumorah says too funny. Where is the laugh? did she mena to say your last paragraph? It made me smile. And then today on my google reader page in the subscription box it indicated you had a new post so I clicked on it and instead of taking me to robinblogs it took me to a notebookdoodles ost on which I left a comment 2 weeks ago. That is the 2nd time it has shown you made a new post and when I clicked on it a post of yours done months ago came up. so I left acomment there and left. What is wrong with me?
There are at least 4 typos in the above comment. What is wrong with my fingers?
Tell Noah that there are probably six people in line in front of him about to lose their home due to being unemployed and I'll bet they aren't too embarrassed to go in and remind the business owner that they need a job. Sometimes you do what you have to do, Noah.
Good luck!
Di
Post a Comment