I am substitute teaching the 8 year-olds in Primary (children's sunday school class) today. We are learning about Adam and Eve and how they got baptized, just like we did, and how the Gospel never changes. The lesson plan is amazing. There is way more than I can possibly cover in 45 minutes. So I get to pick and choose the parts I think the kids will enjoy the most.
Can I go back and do it again - and pick and choose the parts I liked best? Can I have family night with my elementary crowd again? They loved flannel board stories and scripture charades. They were excited about happy face pancakes and play dough. They snuggled on the couch while we read aloud. They wanted to spend all their time with me and believed that I knew it all. They asked endless questions about how and why, but they never said it was gross that I put Pero in my hot chocolate.
A do over - just for one day - and just the parts I liked best.
8 comments:
Guess I did something wrong, because when I taught Sunday School to kindergartners way back in the early 90's two kids would climb under the table and bark.. No.. seriously. Wish I had thought of the play dough thing.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
Since you can't have a "do over" will you share the best parts for those of us are just coming along? I'd love to hear all your favorite moments from mothering little ones.
climbing in the cherry tree, jumping on the trampoline, the fort behind the pine, riding bikes to maverick, snuggling with mom who reads
what is Pero?
thank you for the reminder to treasuer even the silly little things.
Must run, Eve is requesting me comb her hair. :)
xox
ps, those lesson manuals rock.
i hope i feel this way some day. right now, it seems like it will always be like this, and i look forward to more free time for skip and i. not that i begrudge the kids one bit... but you know what i mean.
Melissa - Pero is like Postum. I love it in my hot chocolate because it gives a little mocha taste. my boys always tell me how gross it is and I feel defensive.
How's the running? Looking forward to Saturday! Should be warm enough.
I feel this way a little bit. The other day I watched my neighbor's little boy. We read "Goodnight Gorilla" and I almost cried. I didn't realize how much I missed reading "Goodnight Gorilla."
Post a Comment