The running club is still running. We don't have a cool name yet. We will need one soon as the runs are getting harder and we might need a cool name just to feel good about it. Did I happen to mention that I don't like this at all? I'd probably drop out but I'm the one who started it, so.
Last week halfway through the run I suddenly thought I was going to throw-up and pee my pants at the same time. It was awful. I haven't had that experience since. But now I experience what I call "anticipatory nausea" right before I run. Our coach, Michelle, calls it anxiety, but I like "anticipatory nausea" better.
The nice thing is, I feel great after the run. I feel accomplished and calm, and completely wiped out.
Did you watch the Olympic opening ceremonies last night?

8 comments:
Boring.
Boring as in the opening ceremonies? we tivoed and are watching tonight... maybe the cheese fries will help? (I try for authentic host country food... Canada was a struggle, but we can do our own version of Poutine and canadian bacon. :)
I'm proud of you for continuing running! You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I bought yoga pants. Does that count for anything? Now I have something non-jeanish to wear to the Y. :)
you said "the runs"
i'm chortling like an 11 year old boy.
Maybe the name should be "anticipatory nausea"
sounds awful. I'd make up new club rules that forbid serious running. Or I'd yell "stop" and sit down. When I was about your age my doctor told me that if I was walking too fast or running too hard to keep up my end of a conversation that I was not doing it right and should quit. Running that causes nausea can also damage hearts.
Does your Dr. know you are doing this?
Not the trots? But the runs?
Okay, enuf toilet humor. I just read an article on CNN about 5 minutes ago about people who prefer to run in their barefeet instead of in shoes, so now there's a debate going on about which is best for our feet. I think all the pebbles and rocks would convince me to put shoes on.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I'm sorry running makes you sick. It makes me sick too. I like your name for it. You'll have to think of a REALLY cool name to override the throw up reflex I'm thinkin'...
Robin...I'm so proud of you. You go girl!!! It has been cold too which makes it even more of an accomplishment. Doing something new isn't comfortable but is sure to bring about change. You are my hero! Keep it up!!! Ü
Post a Comment