I just cleaned out my closet and was rather ruthless. I have a big large black garbage bag of clothes I haven't worn in the last year or so. I did this 3 years ago before we moved here (several large bags) and about 1 1/2 years ago (another large bag) and I am now down to clothing that I mostly like! I haven't really bought any new clothes in the last year, just a few items. So I am getting rid of more than I am bringing in. My closet feels spacious. It is liberating.
Roland's personal theme for 2010 is "Less is More". He has drawn up a logo that looks something like this:
< = >
I am starting to jump on that bandwagon. Less stuff, less food, less TV, less couch time, less computer time, and guess what? Less stress.
The laundry room is next.
..................
My blog friend,
Tristan, is trying to help me figure out why my sidebar isn't working. Can you see it now?
9 comments:
Your husband is brilliant. I love the logo.
Nope.. cannot see the sidebar, and your header photo is too big and sticking out the right hand side of it's frame. Weird... hope you can get this resolved.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I can't see it.
hmmmmm...less is more is a fad that will fade when everyone has less.
I think my mantra is "if it's good, more is better"
Mom's comment cracked me up.
Isn't it a wonderful feeling to throw things away? I mean, once you realize that you truly don't need them! AAAaaaaaaaaahhh.
I love you and Roland and Linda's comment made me laugh too. :)
I'm with you, getting rid of stuff is liberating!
Nope, no sidebar. I wasn't sure what a browser was the other day. I'm a techno wizard.
Every time I clear out my closet a few months or a year later the items become hip again and I wonder why I gor rid of them.
Whenever I clean out my closet or fridge or pantry, I just want to invite everyone over to enjoy the spaciousness. You should post photos of yours!!
p.s. I'm not on goodreads anymore. For some reason, it took the fun out of reading for me! But I promise I blog all the good stuff I read.
Congrats on your spaciousness. I do so love that feeling...too bad it is fleeting around here...we have a way of filling right back up.
I only love getting rid of stuff so I can get more. I do love going to the dump with all kinds of junk shoved in the back of the van. But then I start thinking, "I think I need _____ for that space" and then the additions begin again. We should go to an auction when I move back.
Post a Comment