Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Day of the Year!

Saturday might have been the most perfect day of the month...so far.

Noah skied a black diamond successfully. (Can I brag just bit and mention that he got 2 standing ovations at the school “Holiday” Concert?)

Roland and I did most of our Christmas shopping. I get a little distracted when shopping. I am overwhelmed by the choices, the crowds, the noise, and the huge shopping list. When we are shopping for one thing, say a pair of goulashes, I can focus and find the best goulashes at the best price without a single distraction. Not even a big sale in the purse department will throw me off. But when we have a big list for 6 people, I shut down. When I want to go up I try to get on the down escalator. Roland gently steers me to the up elevator and kindly suggests we get a coke. He stays on task, persuading me to spend the extra $10 on the nicer gift. About 2 hours in, I am throwing my hands into the air and saying “They all have messy rooms! They don’t deserve gifts!” Roland reminds me of the joy on Christmas morning and we might need to provide it ourselves because quite a few of us are on the naughty list this year.

My littlest angel spent Saturday on a snowboard, high in the Colorado Rockies, and then rushed home to sing in the Church Nativity. It was a perfect nativity complete with a talking star made out of yellow poster board and carols carefully sung by children in costume. It made me feel like Christmas was finally here.
Wise man Caden, Angelic Ike and Cody, Aaron the Lamanite
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been one who loves to shop but when it comes to Christmas shopping for gifts for others I too become over-whelmed with the choices. This year I just came home, went to Amazon.com and ordered gifts to be shipped. The grown kids are getting checks because I just have no clue anymore what to get them.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Anonymous said...

i just love you robin...you are the best!!!

Julie said...

I'm so glad Roland keeps you focused. Steve is doing that for me this year as well. Thank goodness for steady husbands. The Nativity looks great. I miss those boys and the great friends they were to mine! And I miss my great friend Robin. Hopefully next year we can shop together...

Sally said...

I need a shopping sherpa to keep me focused.

I love Angelic Ike!

Unknown said...

What fun to see Ike dressed like an ANGEL! Glad to see there can be a sensitive side to that robust kid! I miss shopping with you Robin...how nice that Roland will go with you...and it sounds like even much patience!?

diane said...

Those are some fabulous angel ensembles. Part celestial, part Star Wars.

I wish I could shop with you. It's my forte.

Melissa said...

I need a shopping sherpa too! :) Love the costumes, they are fantastic! I'm wishing I had some like that for our bathrobe/dad's tie collection tomorrow night.