I'm so proud of him.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Mazatlan
We went to Mazatlan with our part of our extended family for Thanksgiving. We managed to have a pretty good time in spite of getting bad news while there.
Advice: go through customs with a boot. It gets you to the front of the line each time! Hannah hurt her foot jumping off a light post (there is a story there).
Amigos!
Cousins!
Yes. My mom is wearing a swimsuit. If you go to Mexico go with my mom. She thinks she is Mexican. If she could choose another nationality she would be Mexican. She has beach bumming down to a science and the vendors know her by name, they call, "Liiinda! Buenos dias!" and she smiles and waves like a movie star.
We rented 3 boogie boards for the week and Ike caught every wave. I didn't catch one but I did get slapped in the head by a big wave...Ike still talks about it.
Me, mom, and Sally in El Centro. You can buy most anything there including braided intestines. It is a must see ( and smell - eeww!). We have gone everytime we visit Mazatlan and it never gets old. Noah found a cockroach on his leg in el centro. Pass the hand sanitizer.
Alan - El Centro
The Cathedral of Immaculate Conception.
Noah gets a little fresh with the mermaid.
Everyone loves riding in a pulmonia.
Beach Babe. Hannah takes after her grandma and is a good beach bum.
Sand castle time! Roland and my BIL get a little competitive with this. Roland took the garbage cans out of our room to use for very large sand buckets.
We woke up one morning to find a man with a mechete pruning the palm tree outside our window. He cut open the coconuts for us to drink - they aren't very good. I can see why Tom Hanks lost so much weight when he was stranded on that island. They need lots more sugar.
On our last night we went to a loud bar with a kareoke-style Canadian cowboy singer. We spent much of the time mocking him, dancing, and yelling at each other (did I mention how LOUD it was?).
After 25 years, Roland has finally learned to relax on a beach. Use to be that he couldn't take all the sitting, reading, chatting, beach combing, and sleeping under a palapa. His ADD would act up and he would organize contests, trips, competitions, events, and games. But he has mellowed out and on this trip he successfully spent nearly 2 days doing absolutely nothing.
I'm so proud of him.
I'm so proud of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, this looks like it was so much fun! I love the photo and caption of Mom, she is a wannabe Mexican, and she's beautiful!
ahhh, doing nothing on the beach. now there's something i'm good at. i bet it was lovely!
Muey bueno!
as i sit here in the snow, with record low temperatures and a (literally) frozen furnace, the pangs of jealousy are not small.
Lovely! :) I wish we could all have been there together. I have such happy memories of Cancun with your family and Linda and Alan 2 years ago... my baby was so tiny then! sigh.
What a great family memory. I'm quite jealous. You should really watch Noah with that mermaid.
I love getting away for the holidays -- looks like it was tons o' fun!
Post a Comment