Friday, September 11, 2009

Mad Crazy Scout

Ike is on a scouting high. He got 8 merit badges at the Court of Honor and lectured me about not having all the insignia on his shirt (Note to self: don't use glue guns to apply insignia). This morning he wanted to organize his merit badges and put them in the fancy card holder and I told him he couldn't do it until he practiced the piano.

I bribed him with scouting.

It worked.

8 comments:

diane said...

Tom is a varsity scout leader and Eagle counselor. He would love to have Ike as a scout. Well done.

the wrath of khandrea said...

this is the kind of kid i want my boys to be exposed to.

Joe said...

Never has there been another boy so swell. Bribed with scouting will go down in legend.

Sally said...

That is a pinnacle moment in parenting. You successfully bribed your son with a scouting reward. Amazing. I stand in awe.

Fragrant Liar said...

I stand by this caveat of motherhood: Whatever works.

Nancy said...

Brilliant! I hope if I have boys someday that they will be just as excited!

Julie said...

Good for you Ike (and mom)! Scouts here isn't like in the States. Same program, my boys just don't enjoy it as much. I make them go. When we move back Ike will be our shining example!

Jake said...

Piano practice and scouting!? Excellent.