After a summer in Philly and then touring the Pacific Northwest, Gabe got home last night. He got a ride with Roland's sister, Chris. We haven't seen him for 7 months, the longest I've ever gone without seeing one of my kids. When he walked in the door my first thought was, 'he looks just like my dad!' He had a scruffy little beard and mustache. His big happy smile and confident attitude filled up the room.
He ate a big bowl of homemade tomato soup and a 1/2 loaf of french bread and told me he was so excited to eat my cooking. It is what he has been looking forward to the most. So now I am super motivated to cook up a storm. Then he played the guitar and he can play, and sing! Although his singing is mostly LOUD. He seems unable to sing soft. And he has a harmonica strap so he can play guitar and harmonica together. It surprised me.
I am taking Gabe to Grand Junction next Monday and enroll him in classes that start in October. We have no idea where he will live or work.
It's nice to have him home. He has a deep voice. He "break dances" on the kitchen floor. He has a horrible trendy mullet that makes him so happy. He tells us that he is the coolest person we know.
He might be right.
5 comments:
Yay he's home! I can't imagine not seeing my child for that long. I'm freaking out about 4th grade camp for my son next year. Now where was he? What's in Philly?
Now I want to see a picture of his coolness.
My kids don't miss my cooking...maybe if I cooked they would.
Nice.... at least if this economy never recovers he'll be able to get a job as a street performer! JUST KIDDING!!!
Di
Gabe is cool. Plus, he is a terrific cousin. We're praying that all goes will in Grand Junction. :)
I hope I will get to see Gabe's breakdancing moves, at least on youtube or your blog if not in person!
Post a Comment