Monday, July 27, 2009

I Like Ike

Ike and I hung out at the cabin last week. All week. It was great. First thing we did was drive to Boise and see Harry Potter with Cameron. Boise was a chill 104 degrees. Dang! That place is hot!On Tuesday we went to the Crouch library for books (total number of books read at the cabin this summer is: a lot) and so Ike could check his facebook (22 friends!).

On Wednesday we were lucky enough to raft from Banks to Beehive with Nicole H. She is one tough Grandma! She got tossed out on Surf Wave and pulled herself back in the boat! I was all trembling and worried but she was brave and strong! She tried to teach me to guide but I couldn't figure out how to push or pull the oars, I was so nervous I couldn't even tell my left from right. I have got to get over this so I can run my own boat!

Ike wore these shorts every single day. Every. Single. Day.

Ann brought Cam up on Thursday for a day of playing on the beach and hanging out. On Friday Hannah, mom, and Alan came up for the day. Alan took Ike to the gun range to shoot around and finish his riflery merit badge while Hannah, Mom and I lazed around in the sun and talked.

Then we went bridge jumping! This gives me a heart attack every year. It is so scary for me. I can hardly stand on the bridge and look over the edge much less watch my children leap off of it! ( I really sound like a chicken in this post.)The Bridge.

Ike's view from the top.

Hannah's first jump of the day

Hannah swims back to the river bank.

Getting ready for the next jump.

Possible senior picture pose?

I took this picture from the bridge. It is zoomed as far as I can go without going blurry. In these following videos you may notice that I am holding my breath until they surface from the jump. My heart actually stops until I see them surface. My heart stops and my stomach flips.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They jumped off that bridge??? YIKES!! As a mother I would have wigged out totally.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Berly said...

I would never, ever drop off that bridge. I am a chicken and Proud of IT!!!!

Julie said...

First, I LOVE that adorable little library! I would have to go there just because it's so cute! Second, my kids jump off the canal bridge in WA too. They love it and I've done it ONCE, just to say I did (I was severely pressured to do it). I will NOT be doing it again. It was wedgie high. Not fun.

Sally said...

The GV Library looks like something from a movie set. Almost too charming.

I think the bridge jumping is insane. I have never done it and I don't believe I ever will. But it is fun to watch other people do it, especially when they finally surface. Whew.