Monday, June 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

A tornado is about 15 miles away from my house and I can see the big black clouds but no funnel. It's exciting. I have been getting the house ready to put on the market and every once and a while I go sit on the back deck with a DP and watch the lightening. It's perfectly calm here.

Do you want to buy our house? It's super nice and we lurve it, you will too! Hurry up before we have to pay realtor fees! I pretty much don't expect our house to sell, but hey, we are gonna try - what the heck.
.......................

Gabe is feeling successful as he makes homes in Philadelphia secure with alarm systems. He calls me or Roland, sometimes both of us, each time he gets a sell. Sometimes I go a few days without talking to him, but sometimes I get to talk to him 3 times a day! Those are the best days.
........................

Hannah is packing and cleaning her house in Boise so she can move back to Provo and finish off at BYU. I get to see her this weekend and can hardly wait!
.......................

Noah is at BYU music camp and feeling rather pleased with himself. He is in his element. We pick him up on Saturday and get to attend a concert where Noah will perform along with his fellow music geeks. This is the highlight of his summer (except, perhaps, 4 wheeling at the cabin).
..........................

Ike listens to his ipod and sings along loud. LOUD. This morning he was singing "Hey Jude" and singing what he thought the lyrics were. I wish I had written them down.
.........................

Roland is getting really excited about father's day (wink). We spent most of the weekend celebrating his father's 83 birthday. Here is the Famous Smith clan:Back Row: Mike and Roland Front row: Kent, Dorene, Christine

The in-laws who were lucky to marry Smiths: Me, Chad, Chris
Mike and Chris. Young love.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if your house sold where would you go? We would miss you. Oh, duh, that's right... you can blog from anywhere.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
(giggling)

Lisa said...

Love it...Young Love! Those are some pretty good looking grandparents, wouldn't you say? Looks like you guys had a great time.

I have to agree that Noah is in his element. I could see it. I think I channeled you as we dropped Noah off yesterday. "Call us if you need anything! Have fun! Flirt! Play the heck out of that piano!" I felt like a proud mom.

He kept Karli busy the entire drive home. She might have a little crush...

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Are we lucky enough to have you moving back to Boise?!?!

diane said...

Where are you moving anyway? You know, if you sell.

Julie said...

What!? You can't move...we are probably moving back there! We just decided and got positive feedback from the Academy. Still 1 1/2 years away but I need you to live in CS when I get back! Email me, we need to chat.

Robin said...

If we sell the house (doubtful) we will stay here and rent for a year or so because Ike is really really happy here. I think he will be very sad when we move.

Emily said...

Sounds like a nice, full summer. ;-) Miss you!

Nancy said...

Oooh, have fun here in Provo picking up Noah. I'm wishing we'd had Blogapalooza again this year, I missed seeing everyone.

Berly said...

WHAT!! I had no idea you were putting your house on the market.