Friday, April 10, 2009

Prince Roland

It turns out that I did indeed marry Prince Charming.

Roland's cousin, John, told us that our genealogy line goes back to the Spencer line, as in Lady Diana Spencer. So Roland and Diana are practically cousins! Doesn't that make Roland a Prince or something? I've always suspected that he had royal lineage. When he walks into the house (castle) after work he announces, in a loud booming voice, "The King is Home!"

And he is very good at commanding people to do his will.

















You can certainly see a family resemblance. If Roland highlighted his hair, plucked his brows and wore pearls it would be hard to tell them apart. Their ears are the same. But, sorry to say this, I think Roland might be a little cuter.

Fortunately, I don't think our marriage will struggle like theirs did. We don't have all the pressure of fame and royalty (at least, not yet) and Roland is a much more charming, handsome and loyal prince than Charles was.



















Clearly, Roland is a much better kisser than Charles. See how Diana had to lean way over for her kiss? But Roland met me half way. Better, more generous kisser than Charles.













I'm so happy to be Queen! Right away I am going to hire a staff to clean up after these princes and handle all my public and royal obligations. I need to learn about Cricket and horses and practice my curtsy. Pick out royal china, silver, and linens. Lots to do.

And, they lived happily ever after.

12 comments:

Joe said...

In the first picture of you and Roland together, he looks exactly like a blond Gabe.

Tamzen Fleming said...

I loved seeing these wedding photos! You guys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Aaah, to be that young again and know all I know now. And, hey.... he and Diana's ears look a tiny bit alike....

So now, this would make Diana's sons his cousins right? and this means of course that when they marry you will be receiving wedding invites, yes?? Better start shopping for wedding gifts now.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Emily said...

Top 10 favorite posts, Robin. ;-)

Jessica said...

No, YOU'RE cute! (Drop dead gorgeous in those wedding photos...I had to biggify to see you close up). Roland would never choose Camilla Parker Bowles over you!

Melissa said...

Love this. :) You are a beautiful bride. (then and now.)

diane said...

Maybe there is an inheritance.

Shall we call you Lady Robin? I'll be practicing my curtsy.

Have you been shopping for hats?

You are royally funny.

Linda Austin Hart said...

I loved looking at these again.

Annemarie said...

I will curtsy the next time I see you.
This is a great post!!

Julie said...

I loved this post too! I had a dress with the big sleeves. Soooo in for the 80s. I saw the Queen Mum last week and she said to say hello.

Lisa said...

I see Roland went with the all white tux... what a stud!

Anonymous said...

Cute post. So fun to read and see the wedding photos.