Its also full of amazing talks and speakers and I always feel super motivated after conference! This year, the general themes I noticed were, "be of good cheer, do not fear", Be a believer, the importance of serving others, teach your children, have safe loving families, temple work and lots of other wonderful stuff.
That is a lot of religion for kids to take in all at once, who am I kidding, it is a lot for me to take in all at once! We have a few things we do to get through those 8 hours:
We eat a lot of Conference rolls Click here for recipe. This year I made orange rolls instead of cinnamon and they were delish!
We used to have the kids color little Conference pages and do fun Conference worksheets but they complained and stated they had outgrown that.
Occassionally there would be a little too much rough-housing and I would have to YELL at everyone to be quiet so I could be spiritually fed! During the 2 hour breaks we ran over to The Garden of the Gods to take in God's great garden.
Ike was kinda sad but he smiled after I kissed him.
Then we hurried home for the next session.
but Roland escaped from Ike long enough to grab his foot and stop him.
It wasn't the peaceful conference I planned on (I thought we would outgrow all this by now) but it was still good.
9 comments:
Love it.
Our best thing this year was a Bingo Board with fruit loops on it (jelly beans for one session.) They had to listen and when they heard the words they could eat the treat. AWESOME. It seriously worked, they actually were listening! I was amazed.
I think it is interesting. What I got out of 8 hours was: If you want the perks, you gotta do the works, and Get thee to the Temple more often. :)
I have a friend that lives near Garden Of The Gods... she must be you neighbor! Ya think?
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
Oh man, orange rolls sound much better than our "72 hour kit" ward R.S. conference weekend challenge. We made it up to the 2:00 session when I decided I was sick of cereal bars, powdered drink mix, and jerky. I heated up 1 pound(!) of corn tortillas and we ate ALL of them. I need to learn how to make them from scratch in case tough times really do come & I can't buy them.
An afghan? I didn't know you know how to do that. Wow!
I loved conference this time around! I really felt like so many of the talks were meant for me. I felt re-committed to be thankful for my blessings, to be provident in my life (all areas), and to go to the temple, and to stand up as a believer by keeping covenants, serving others, and testifying of Christ.
It was great!
We pretty much just sat around and listened and did a little tidying up, working in the yard (Sat - between sessions) and today between sessions we went to the park and took our dog. When we got there we found that two families we are friends with from the ward had the same idea. Later on three more families from the ward joined us.
So all together there were 28 ward members and 4 ward dogs. We played baseball, volleyball, soccer-donkey, and just visited. The dogs all sniffed each other and pooped.
Ah, Good times!
I love conference weekend and we also had cinnamon rolls, but yours looked better. i am trying yours next time. YUM!! It was a great weekend and I will post about my experience soon.
My house was too quiet. It makes me sad... but I will be of good cheer.
See, I thought you and your children would be peacefully partaking together. Glad to hear that it doesn't change.
Loved your summaries. I'm proud of you for doing all 4 sessions! You're awesome and that afghan looks great!
Post a Comment