Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Forward


Spring Forward - Fall Back.

That is what my mom taught me to remember how to set the clocks for daylight savings. Still, I can't ever figure out if I am losing and hour or gaining an hour.

This Sunday we lose an hour, right?

When my alarm goes off at 6:00 AM, it will really be 5:00 AM. Right?

In Arizona they don't do daylight savings.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Only reason to ever move to AZ. (too hot!)

I have the same struggles. My problem is with the catchy phrase. I tend to fall forward (tripping) and Back. I'm clumsy.

We'll all be dressed, cute, cheerful at church at "8:00". On time.Ok. Right. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved living in Arizona so as not to ever have to mess with the clocks in the house. Alaska, Hawaii and a portion of Indiana also do not participate in Daylight Savings time. And yes....we lose and hour in the springtime, and everyone wakes up groggy and having overslept the following morning... LOL

Jodi June said...

ROTFL! NO! Robin.....
In loosing an hour... when your alarm goes off @ 6 AM it will really actually be 7AM, not 5! Thus, you have lost the 6AM hour... never to be found again, at least not until next fall when we "fall back" and then you will gain that 6 o'clock hour back! Ü

Don't sleep in another hour when your alarm goes off @ 6AM, cause then you will be late for church! Ü hehee (although it is a perfect excuse to be late! Ö ) LOL

Jodi June said...

ROTFL! NO! Robin.....
In loosing an hour... when your alarm goes off @ 6 AM it will really actually be 7AM, not 5! Thus, you have lost the 6AM hour... never to be found again, at least not until next fall when we "fall back" and then you will gain that 6 o'clock hour back! Ü

Don't sleep in another hour when your alarm goes off @ 6AM, cause then you will be late for church! Ü hehee (although it is a perfect excuse to be late! Ö ) LOL

Jodi June said...

ooopsie,
sorry... don't know how that posted twice! Ü

Saquel25 said...

Yay for Spring forward! It's like a switch in my brain that tells me summer is just around the corner. I am more cheerful just contemplating it.

Holly said...

Oh wow! Is it that time already? I'm so glad you blogged about it because I had totally forgotten it was coming up! Any suggestions on how to get a baby to adjust to the new time???

R A C H A E L said...

That is why I am so proud to call my self a native Arizona Girl. Not really, but one of the many reasons. The main reason is AMAZING MEXICAN FOOD!!!!

Hooray for daylight savings. (not really, I think its wierd.)

Linda Austin Hart said...

I hope Jodi understands that she will actually be waking up an hour earlier.
The thing that always bothered me the most about it was when my kids were little and it was still light outside at 10:00 pm. They thought I was so mean because all the other kids in the neighborhood were still outside playing while mine were indoors, in bed.

Jodi June said...

HAHAHAHA! Do i have it totally wrong Linda? oh my goodness... now i am confused! HAHA!

Emily said...

Here is how I remember:

the time changes in the Spring and in the Fall. I LOVE Spring because it is so cheerful and I really look forward to it--EXCEPT that I lose an hour of sleep when the clock springs forward (ahead). In the Fall, I like Fall for some reasons but mostly I feel bummed out that Spring and Summer are over and it is going to be cold and dark for 4 months. One good thing though: I get an extra hour of sleep, the clock falls (behind) an hour.

I probably just confused you even more.

Tamzen Fleming said...

I hate living through the time-change thing. It takes us a whole week to get our internal clocks regulated.

Kristen said...

Mom, you were mean. I totally let my kids stay up till it's dark!