Friday, March 27, 2009

Driving Idaho

It's a good thing I-84 runs through the ugliest smelly-est part of Idaho. So many cows and so much of their smell. It keeps people away from the pretty and sweet smelling parts.

Ike: Why did the cow wear a bell?
Me: I don't know, why?
Ike: Because his horn didn't work!

We are in Grand Junction CO. We are here for the Festival of Creative Pianists (Noah). I think we are getting sick of each other.

Roland: You are acting petulant.
Noah: I am not!
Roland: Do you know what petulant means?
Noah: No, but I'm not being it!

6 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I'm flattered, Robin. Really.

I've been thinking about eating junk food slowly on road trips ever since you wrote that post.

Junk food. Yummmm.

Paige said...

A child who is at a creative piano concert surely can be forgiven for his petulance. That would be me prouder than a kid who excelled at lame sports (that would be ANY sport to me). And you must be a fantastic mom for supporting him in the endeavor, as well as dealing with the petulant pestilence.

diane said...

Are we there yet?

Linda Austin Hart said...

How presumptuous! It wasn't petulance on your part, but a perfectly perspicuous & pellucid perception on your part pertaining to the pertinent prevailing predicament, i.e. the position between you and those precious, precocious, pubescent passengers, aka progeny.

Melissa said...

Linda wins Quote of the Week. :)

Emily said...

Ha! You all are funny.