Sunday, March 29, 2009

Creative Pianist

Can I brag? Do you mind?

We are so proud.

Noah received 4 honorable mentions for:
Rachmaninoff Performance
Shostakovich Performance
Bach Performance
Most Versatile Pianist

He also won 3 first place awards:
Best Original Composition $100
Best Performance of a Lyrical and Predominantly Slow Work (Debussy) $100
Best Colorado Pianist $100

I told him he should use his prize money to buy more piano lessons but he just laughed.



This is part of his composition, Hydrostellar. I wish my poor computer could handle a video longer than 15 seconds!

17 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! Way to go Noah! The clips sound great, even on my crummy computer speakers. I wish I could've been there in person, I would have really enjoyed that. Congratulations R&R, and Noah.

xo

Berly said...

YAY NOAH!! Congratulations and the 15 seconds sounded AWESOME!

R A C H A E L said...

Thats amazing!! All that hard work paid off $$. The clip sounded great!

Anonymous said...

congratulations noah! you are amazing- good job Robin for taping what you could - we want MORE!

Anonymous said...

It may have only been 15 seconds... but an awesome 15 seconds it was! AWESOME!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Kimberly said...

That's definitely something worth bragging about :-) Congrats Noah!

diane said...

Bravo!
Encore!

I think you should get a cut of the prize money.

Nancy said...

Congrats Noah! Those 15 seconds were amazing!

Melissa said...

I want more! He is so awesome. Way to Go Noah!!!

And family who hears him practicing all the time. :)

Joe said...

What a haul! Very impressive. I would love to hear the whole piece.

Jen and Kent said...

Absolutely amazing!!! Is this the competition that was in Grand Junction? I'll bet you are beaming....

Celia Fae said...

That video makes me want to pass out with pride and I don't even know him. What a clever, clever boy. What a good set of parents to provide him with expensive and time consuming lessons during his life.

Sally said...

WOW!!

This was GREAT! I am so glad you finally got video to post. I would love to see more. Noah, way to go. I am proud of you!

Awesome!

Jenibelle said...

Absolutely you should brag!!! I would and you all know that!

How wonderful to be so very talented, his skill and talent will bless not only his own life but the lives of so many others. Plus, you have good music in your home, I'm fighting back the complete and total envy!!! Good job Robin, I can't imagine the expense and time you have spent helping him develop this love. Time and money well spent I believe.

Jenibelle said...

Only $100 for Best Colorado Pianist? He got ripped.

Linda Austin Hart said...

I heard him play this on my very much out-of-tune piano when he was in Boise & it made me teary eyed. It reminded me of Prokofiev, Copland and Rachmaninoff all rolled into one small concerto...the first two because of its complexit, but mostly of Rachmaninoff because it is lyrical and emotional.
Wonderful! So proud of him!

Tamzen Fleming said...

WOW! Good job Noah! Congratulations!