You've heard by now that we are in a recession. Pretty soon we will be in a depression (wa-wa).
I remember my Grandma Austin talking about the great depression. She saved EVERYTHING (mayonaise jars, margerine lids, oatmeal containers, and on and on). She saved because she was worried about another depression.
I think that most of us would be smart to figure out ways to save a few pennies on food. Recently we have cut way back on dining out and convenience foods. Watch this darling grandma give depression cooking lesson. I love her owl cookie jar, her stories, and maybe even the food!
5 comments:
Robin, you are such a good cook, you could make depression food delicious.
That was a very cool video. With our tightening financial belt I made tuna noodle casserole the other day. It's pretty economical and we all liked it.
That video was awesome! That's the kind of food I grew up on...and I was born in '76. Granny's depression style cooking must've rubbed of on my mom. I can cook potatoes at least 25 different ways - if that's all it takes...depression here I come! (I'm absolutely kidding...) Thanks for sharing the video!
I love Clara...how do you find these videos?
I wish I still had a Grandma. My mom was born in 1937. During the depression. She ate ketchup sandwiches when she was a little girl. They were very poor.
I'll truely believe times are tough when we stop throwing away food.
As long as food has time to go bad in the refrigerator- we're rich.
Post a Comment