Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolve

The last thing I could do last year was make a New Years Resolution.

So I didn't.

I'm glad I didn't. It was enough, really, just to get through January. But this year I am all about The Resolution baby! I have a serious lack of self-discipline. I am way too easy on myself. So I resolve to have more self-discipline.

I made a chart, with arrows and columns, to motivate me. It looks great!
I looked up lots of motivational quotes on the InterWeb. ("Not being able to govern events, I govern myself, and apply myself to them, if they will not apply themselves to me."Michel de Montaigne 1588)
I made a schedule to get me through May with lots of self-discipline.
I shared my new found enthusiasm for goal setting with my husband (supportive) and children (bored).

I am ready to succeed.

But first, I am going to make some banana bread.

11 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Gave me a much needed chuckle!:)

Julie said...

Can i borrow your chart?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make a chart as to which days to make and eat banana bread. Now where did I put that bag of walnuts? chop chop chop chop....

Sally said...

Can I see the chart? Will you post a picture? You better bring it when you come visit so you don't fall off the wagon.

I love charts. Maybe you can help me make one when you're here. I need a yarstick and posterboard, sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

good for you!!!!! I am VERY proud of you and if you need all of us to help you - just say the word!!! we believe in you!

R A C H A E L said...

Well, you do need energy for all that resolution making and keeping ect. Banana Bread seems fitting!

diane said...

I resolve to eat more banana bread. I need the potassium.

Linda Austin Hart said...

you are funny. and you know how to live with joy in the moment, which is far more important than resolutions!

Melissa said...

I like your quote. I'm resolving to make some changes.

Jenibelle said...

Come to Cali. I will feed you nothing but nutrious food, (yeah, right), teach you to sew, talk for hours and have a great time. And you don't have to clean up after yourself. And, and, and, it would be great!!!!!

Joe said...

My resolution is ALWAYS to floss my teach every day. And I NEVER succeed.