Last night at Noah's band concert, on the very last song and the only "Christmas" song, the director read a disclaimer that stated the music they were about to play was of historical and religious significance and performed for educational purposes only. I was prepared for The Messiah, but instead they played a medley of Let It Snow, Baby It's Cold Outside, and It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. Good thing she read that disclaimer.
...........................
Today is a snow day! My kids think I am mean when I make them do their chores on a snow day.
12 comments:
Why don't we just bite the bullet and start calling it "Non-denominationalheavenforbidweshouldoffend anyoneforfearoftheACLUswoopinginandsuinganyoneandeveryonemas!"
We are not religious, but I could give a hoot what songs they sing in schools or anywhere else for that matter... sheesh People need to relax a bit.
That is kind of a big deal, to read a disclaimer like that. I'm sure everyone in the audience was expecting Away in a Manger or The Messiah. Were you disappointed? I was and I wasn't even there.
Snow day! I had a Disney day today. We live in different places, each with their own charms. :)
I want a snow day! I'm so envious of you. Did you sit by the fire and wrap presents while the flakes floated slowly down from the sky?
I love the disclaimer - funny.
I hear you! I think that it is crazy to not sing "Christmas" songs at "Christmas" time.
I always have to sit there and listen to Paul go off on the demoralization of our country during every choir/band concert. I totally agree with him. And I just wish they would sing some Christmas songs so I could listen in peace.
WHAT? I was very dissappointed. If you are going to read a disclaimer atleast sing a religious song. i think it is a great idea to make the kids do chores, I would have but we got dental cleanings instead - which is probably just as cruel.
Oh snow for Christmas. That sounds lovely.
Those songs sound like winter songs to me.
Did your Mom see Jordan on Sunday and introduce herself as a blog stalker? Because if it wasn't her there is another blogger who met him. Just curious.
Wow. Yeah, where was Handel's Messiah?
If you're going to "disclaim" anything, you may as well make it worth it!
Thanks for your comment on my blog!
When our kids were little we lived right on the mountain and would often get 8" of snow on the roads. But we never got snow days! I wish we had. I sometimes kept the kids home on a snowy day at Christmas-time just to have a little family fun in the snow. Of course, it never lived up to my imagination and I could hardly wait to send them to school the next day!
Diane-
It was I. His companion looked at me like he was looking at a psycho sister. We'll feed them both when we get back to Idaho.
Thanks Linda and Robin
You girls help me feel connected to my boy.
Post a Comment