Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chapeau

Nous faisons des chapeaux.

Inspired my my friend Cheryl, we have turned into mad hatters. When Cheryl isn't pumping iron or yelling at me about pumping iron, she is knitting or crocheting. She made me this lovely set for Christmas. I know, you are jealous, right?
See those cute little robin earrings? Noé m'a donné ceux pour Noël.

Ike and Noah wanted to make hats too, so we got a loom and they took off. We actually had to buy 2 looms because the desire to faisons des chapeaux was so strong it was causing fights.

Le Ike faisant un chapeau pour Gabe' ; cadeau de Noël de s.

Noah got so fast at it that he started taking orders for hats at school. $8 for a hat, $10 for a hat with a pom pom. He got 8 orders on his first day of sales.
Noé est un homme bel dans son chapeau.

Ike a fait ce chapeau pour Gabe.

Hannah wanted in on the fun. She made this hat in about 2 hours while we watched "White Christmas" and gave her a loving little lecture on the importance of getting a high quality education. She loves those loving lectures.


Hannah est belle en rouge.


Ike a fait ce chapeau pour Rolando beau.


C'est le chapeau Ike fait pour se. Garçon beau.

This hat was made in Panama and bought in Colorado by Monsieur Roland. It was one of my favorite Christmas presents.
Je veux être une reine de rodéo.

12 comments:

Robin said...

I know Sally will like this blog. Elle parle français très bien.

Diana said...

Are you a cowgirl at heart? I am--I just don't know if I could pull of the hat and boots quite as well as some, you for starters!

Kristen said...

J'aime tous les chapeaux ! Votre famille est douée. Je l'un veux ! S'il vous plaît m'envoyer un rose l'un. Maintenant ! Merci ! Oh, et Robin, vous paraissez très sexy et élégant dans vos chapeaux !


Ha ha! That translation doesn't come off as well when you reverse it from French back to English - but still, you'll get the drift.

Tamzen Fleming said...

I love using those things to "knit". Problem is, I don't know how to finish them. Maybe you can show me. You look so good in a cowboy hat!

Robin said...

KK- here is the French to English translation (babelfish.com):

J' like all the hats! Your family is gifted. I l' one want! S' it you like m' to send a pink l' one. Now! Thank you! Oh, and Robin, you appear very sexy and elegant in your hats!

Sally said...

Well, Rodeo Queen. J'aime bien ce post. It was fun to read and well illustrated with photos, and most importantly, had lots of french.

You look tres jolie in the cowboy hat and tres cute in the knit hat & scarf. I'm so impressed by the boys' knitting skills. What a great way to spend winter break! I am hopeful that mes petits enfants will be the beneficiaries of this new knitting craze. Benj's birthday is in 3 weeks and he needs a nice cozy cap. Laine would look adorable in a pink pom-pom hat. I bet you have been buying lots of yarn.

Linda Austin Hart said...

Wow, Robin! ¿Desde entonces cuando tu hablais Frances? Basta ya. El espanol es mucho mas facil de traducir y de pronunciar. Y mas util.
Pues,
tu es un bebé delgada y atractiva. Soy tan feliz que usted es mi hija. Estoy mucho contento que tu ha a me dado tales nietos y nieta talentosos.
Su mama

Melissa said...

Did you also get a gift from Rosetta Stone?

I bought one of those knitter sets, I was all stoked to have the kids handmake the Christmas gifts this year.

Maybe next year. My fatal error was in letting them choose their own yarn. It was, um, not pretty. I'm a control freak. I explained to them that we need a "thicker" yarn and returned it all.

I'm bad.

Anonymous said...

Love the hats... so where can a person get the hat knitter thing-a-ma-jiggy-doo-dad that you used?

Rachel said...

Robin, you can sure pull off wearing hats. You look great, tweet twoo!!

Julie said...

Wow, lots of French. I only speak German and Norwegian. Sorry. I do love the hats though. Sounds like it's keeping everyone busy. That's the most important thing. Smart Noah to sell them! Make sure he buys the yarn.

Emily said...

I have hat envy. I think you need to send our family a set of matching hats. And scarves. Homemade by the Smiths. We need them. Really. It is cold here. We will wear them everyday and think of you. PLEASE?