My next-door neighbor's son is on the Air Force Academy soccer team. He and fellow Handsome Air Force Cadets converge every weekend at her house for food and a dose of mothering. (All single college girls should be at my house on Saturdays - just hang out on the front porch...these boys are Cute. And smart.)
Yesterday they were standing on the roof, hanging Christmas lights and tossing a few snowballs. I was decorating the front porch while Ike complained about boredom. Suddenly he was nailed in the back by a snowball. With a look of shock and embarrassment on his face he disappeared into the garage. He looked like he might cry, just a little (thats what I would have done).
He peeked out the garage door and one of the cadets asked, "Hey dude, are you ok?" (See? You girls need to hang out here.) Ike didn't say anything, but with a huge smile on his face he ran out with his lacrosse stick loaded with a huge snowball, and threw it right at those cadets.
No more boredom.
9 comments:
Ike is so awesome. Is he going to be an air force cadet someday too?
I wish I could visit you in the snow. I miss seasons. But I do love my 70 degrees.
Your boy is brilliant. Way to keep those cadets on their toes...sneak attack. This could be part of their training.
Is this a subtle way of inviting all neighbor ladies for a little harmless eye candy on a Saturday morning? 'Cause i'd be there.
Just let the Laurels in your ward know about this and your house will be packed.
Don't you just love a man in uniform? Those cadets are pretty great! Tell Ike to look out, they could bring a missle launcher next week and then he'll be in big trouble. Maybe you should take them hookie bobbing.
Um, so forget my last comment and when am I going to come out and see YOU?
I love the surprise attack. I think I would have cried! Maybe - if I were that age (and being a girl)and hit by a snowball - I definately would have been so "In love."
What a kid! Ike is such a great guy. I love him. xo
Cute. Ike's such a great kid!
Post a Comment