Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spooky!

Me: How was school today? (super cheerful mom voice)
Noah: Fine (looking for food)
Me: Did anyone dress up for Halloween?
Noah: Yes
Me: Oh! How nice! How did they dress up? (working hard for a conversation)
Noah: Mostly like hookers.

Noah was going to be Abigail Williams from The Crucible
He changed his mind when I told him he couldn't put blood on the pioneer dress my mom made in 1970. He went as a emo kid with lots of facial piercings instead. Sorry no picture- he said 2 girls asked him out because of his costume.

Ike went as a Luchador.

Zoom in close and you can see the best part of Roland's costume - his earring, and the best part of my costume - the nose ring. My favorite part of the day was when Roland let me put an earring on him.

Ike's 6 lbs of sugar.

We ran out of candy.

14 comments:

Sally said...

You ran out of candy?! That is baaaaad.

I love you with a nose ring. It just totally fits you. Why didn't you get one ages ago? I dare you to wear it to church tomorrow and act serious, like it's real.

Ike's costume is awesome. Totally cool.

Linsey said...

They give out good candy in your neighborhood -- that is some serious loot.

Great costumes!

Melissa said...

That is good candy! I am embarassed at what we gave (Smarties) I spent all the $$ on good candy last week for Trunk or Treat. (and I knew if I bought more I'd only eat it.)

Love the Costumes.

Love Sally's dare too. Do it!

Jake said...

I like the categorization of candy, too.

Paige said...

What is your costume? I mean other than a nose ring and a hat that doesn't go.

Linda Austin Hart said...

melissa: Alan's favorite Halloween candy is Smarties. If you have any left, give them to him for Christmas.
paige: I don't know about Robin, but don't let her fool you.that is Roland's regular attire (on Sundays, uh huh).

We didn't have any trickortreaters <---I like the way that looks,all run together.

Robin: I don't know where that dress came from, because I still have my dress that I made in the 70's. I wish I could still zip it up. oh well, the bonnet fits.

Tamzen Fleming said...

The comment from Noah scares me. Ike has the most organized candy stash I've ever seen. Loved your nose ring!

diane said...

What, no tat to go with the nose ring?

High School hookers are scary! They were probably wearing all those costumes on Paige's blog. Cheap and nasty!

Rachel said...

What great costumes! You are so fun! I'm coming over for candy! Ike got some good stuff, not many tootsie rolls or dum dums.

Katrina said...

Is Luchador from Nacho Libre?

R A C H A E L said...

Noah's comment about the girls dressing like hookers made me giggle, because its so true.

I am watching nacho libre tonight because of Ike.

You have the coolest family EVER

jenn and flay said...

Ummm...have to say Noah was right. We went to the Liberty High Trick or Treat, and I haven't seen that much skin, other then my constantly naked children, in a while.

Celia Fae said...

Okay, maybe they were hookers but at least they were gender appropriate. Noah in a dress would have gotten a cross dressing remark from me. And he would have liked it.

Berly said...

I saw alot of those Highschool hookers trick or treating at my house. Interesting and Noah officially scared me. I can't believe you ran out of candy - but we you know, we ran out of it at the trunk or treat.