Ten years ago, I:
1. Thought people who are my age (now) were old. Ha!
2. Admired those rich people with cell phones.
3. Gardened 3 hours a day - at least
4. Thought I had control over my kids.
5. Worried about what other people thought.
Things on my "to do" list:
1. Try to control my kids
2. Buy Ike's birthday presents
3. Eat no sugar.
4. Only spend 10 minutes on my blog.
5. Be perfect
Snacks I (am trying to) enjoy are:
1) eat no sugar
2) nuts
3) Veggies and hummus
4) Cheese stick
5) eat no sugar
Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Hire a full time house keeper.
2. Take you all to Belize.
3. Buy a hot red Kitchenaid
4. Get Botox
5. Pull my kids out of school and travel the world.
Places I have lived:
1. I have lived 20 places.
2. I moved 18 times before I was 12
3. That forced me to be a friendly person.
4. Boise was my longest place - 32 years.
5. One day I will live in Boise again.
Jobs I have had:
1. These are most of the jobs I had in High School - I didn't like babysitting:
2. Ice cream server at Smith's Food King!
3. Greenhouse worker
4. Lawyer's assistant
5. Weekly Paper route ( this was actually 8th grade and I hid most of the papers in the tree behind the house).
Which brings me to my next topic. My brother, David,
left a fabulous comment in response to my 13 Year Old Crush post:When I was 13, life was one extended fantasy about the secret fort that I was building underground behind the tree behind the house - in the which I planned on putting an underground swimming pool among other things. A few years ago I visited that house and went behind that same tree and found a paint bucket with holes for eyes and a bump for a nose, still there after 27 years. It was supposed to be the head of a robot that would help me build the fort and do my homework for me.
I tag my readers who want to be tagged! That means you!
10 comments:
hey robin i just wanted you to know that brother luque passed away. the funeral is on wed. that is what i heard from my parents yesterday.
Colleen, this makes me very sad. He was young! He was also the best home teacher our family had. I need more information. I'll call Ann Christensen/Henneman. Thanks for telling me.
No sugar? Ouch.
You mean to tell me you can't control your children? Ouch.
Cheese stick for a snack? Ouch.
Botox? Ouch.
Moving? Ouch.
Scooping Ice cream at Smiths? Yummy!
Brother David, wonderful. That is a fabulous picture too, You can practically hear the laughter. No wonder he didn't marry till 29.9, he was a late bloomer. :) (I'm so glad too!)(And funny, Michael was trying to build a homework doing robot a week or so ago! Like father like son!)
I think you need some snack suggestions:
dark dark chocolate
Darker chocolate
Diet Coke
how about dark chocolate cocoa powder if you're really desperate for no sugar
celery sticks (dipped in dark chocolate of course)
popcorn! Ima make you some that will be delicious and satisfy your craving when you come
trail mix with dark chocolate pieces (its like the nuts with the dried fruit and stuff)
cardboard
rice cakes, everybody loves them, so satisfying and crunchy! They really emphasize the "crunch" on the packaging--it may be the only quality worth bragging about
grapes
bananas
apples and peanut butter
granola made with molassas (its not sugar, right?) and flax
rasins (the Nursery kids love em)
cheerios
packing peanuts--though they're pretty much the same as rice cakes
plain toast with nothing on it.
Oh, and air. Lots and lots of air to snack on
No sugar really? You are my hero! Good luck with that.
My no sugar husband loves dried apricots or mangoes for snacks. Whole foods has some with no sugar that are yummy. I miss whole paycheck, I mean foods. Other favorites are baked pears with blueberries and a drizzle of honey (can you do honey?) and mixed nuts with raisins. Please don't eat those icky rice cakes. You might as well eat Styrofoam! I'm all for the chocolate gal above! Where does she live? We need to meet. I love her thoughts on chocolate!
Emily: That was a wonderful comment. Thank you.
Don't get Botox no matter how rich you become!! Just look at Melanie Griffith or Lisa Rinna...ewwww.
No Sugar? You're amazing.
Gee Robin ... that was you who left all those newspapers back there? I threw them over the fence into the Monik's yard, if for no other reason to hear Steven yell back "Aaaa hoe!".
Boy did I hate that paper route. I hated collecting even more. That's why I had kids, so I can take revenge out on them by having them do the same.
Didn't you also work at the Red Steer for like a day or so? I fondly remember calling it Dead Steer, Dead Rear, or Red Rear.
Good hamburgers though!
Post a Comment